• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Beef in the DCB: Is It Worth It?

In summary, the author of the conversation tried a variety of recipes using beef and some were successful and others were not. She also tried a Chuck Roast in the microwave and it was not good. She recommends cooking a beef roast in the oven in the DCB.
mom4angela
Okay.. straight out, I DON'T DO BEEF! However, my husband does, AND several guests have asked about beef in the DCB. I've been honest, and said I haven't tried it... Has ANYONE?

I did a beef tenderloin - shaved a couple of minutes off the pork tenderloin recipe, since I like mine less than medium. I was pleasantly surprised - and so was my husband - and he doesn't like beef either. I only did it because I found one on super sale and I was experimenting (as I recall, I even had another meal on backup) but it was something I had to use right away since it was going out of date. I couldn't believe how juicy, and how tender it turned out. Wasn't as pretty as it could have been could brown it on high heat skillet first next time.

Also tried some steak cut up to replace the chicken in the 12 minute fajitas. Not nearly as successful; kind of stringy and tough. But it was a skirt steak, and that's the way it goes with skirt.

I tried a Chuck Roast in the microwave and it was not good. That said, I do them in the oven in the DCB alot and they are like eating candy!!!!! So that just gives you more versatility to talk about.

I gave my mother the recipe for doing the pork tenderloin in the micro and she was so excited. She went shopping for all the ingredients and bought flank steak instead (sometimes she's flaky). She said she seasoned it and then added soy sauce and micro'd it for 12 minutes. She said it was soooooo good!!!

Easy Beef Salsa Dip !!!
1lb of Velveeta Cheese
2 lbs Hamburger
1 medium onion
1 16 oz Mild or Medium Salsa
1 tbs Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
2 roma tomatoes
8 0z Sour Cream
Green onions ( optional )
Tortilla Chips In Deep Covered Baker, break hamburger and add onion chopped with food chopper. Place in microwave for 4 minutes covered. Remove and chop hamburger with Mix n Chop, place back in microwave for 3-4 minutes until done. Drain fat from hamburger. Cut cheese into small cubes. Add Garlic and Peppercorn Rub , then add cubed cheese. Pour in Salsa. Place back in microwave for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, green onions. Place sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions in Dots Trio bowl, Remove baker from microwave and stir !!!

You would want to just pay attention to the cut of beef you get. If it's a cut that takes longer to cook in order to be tender, it probably won't come out great in the microwave. But that doesn't mean you can't cook it in the oven in the DCB.

I think the creator of the DCB bundle (I can't remember his name to save my life right now) does a recipe with beef.

We got a beef roast from Schwans and put it in the DCB in the oven and it came out awesome!

I wouodn't do a roast in the micro (tried that, came out like a brick, was upset I wasted a 2lb roast and couldn't eat it!) but the meatloaf and such is great...I think anything maybe w/ ground meat instead of an actual "roast" would be great...

What about a brisket? I just bought one yesterday...how do you think it would come out in the dcb?

1. Is beef cooked in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) tender and juicy?

Yes, cooking beef in the DCB results in a tender and juicy meat. The unique design of the DCB traps moisture and steam while cooking, which helps to keep the beef moist and flavorful.

2. How long does it take to cook beef in the DCB?

The cooking time for beef in the DCB can vary depending on the cut and size of the meat. However, on average, it takes about 25-30 minutes per pound of beef to cook in the DCB.

3. Can I use the DCB to cook different cuts of beef?

Yes, the DCB is versatile and can be used to cook different cuts of beef such as steaks, roasts, and even ground beef. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly for each cut.

4. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking beef in the DCB?

No, the DCB is designed to cook with little to no added liquid. The moisture from the meat and vegetables will create enough steam to keep the beef moist while cooking.

5. Is it easy to clean the DCB after cooking beef in it?

Yes, the DCB is made with a non-stick coating which makes it easy to clean. Just use warm soapy water and a soft sponge to clean the DCB after use. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • janezapchef