• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant for Stay-at-Home Moms: Balancing Business and Baby

In summary, Angela says that she is a stay-at-home mom with a 4 1/2 month old son and she would bring him with her to meetings as long as he is quiet. She also says that if she knows the hostess, she might be able to leave the baby with them. She
Angela Melum
I am interested in becoming a consultant, but I am a little nervous. I am now a stay-at-home mom to a 4 1/2 month old son and need to include him in my business to some degree. (I don't want to get a baby sitter because I nurse.) Can he come with me to meetings (as long as he's quiet) and what about taking him to shows?

when i go to meetings i have seen a few kids there im sure it depends on the director but i dont see why they would have a problem. I have also seen other people that said they take thier babies to shows. i would just ask the hostess if it was ok.

Stay @ Home Mom 2I too am a stay at home mom. My kids are 1 and 5. The oldest is in Kindergarten and the youngest is very active. She runs wild. I would never think twice about bringing her to the meetings, but would not take her to a show unless I knew the people and it was an emergency. I have never gotten a sitter for her since I quit work @ 4.5 months. I also nursed both of my kids. My daughter, the 1 year old, was nursed until 11months and my son until the 2nd month. I know from experience how hard it is to leave a nursing baby. Since, most shows are normally just a few hours long, I would probably leave the baby with Daddy or Grandma for the evening, but that's just my opinion. It will also give you a Mommy's night out, even if you are "working." I really don't consider this to be work, since I am having such a GREAT TIME!

Angela,
That's so exciting that you're considering becoming a consultant!! This job can REALLY work into your life, even when you have lots of other stuff going on. I've been in your shoes....I have an almost 4 year old son and a 1 year old daughter. I've just about weaned my daughter...she only nurses once in the early am. I'll be cutting out that one in the next week or so. Anyway, this job is so flexible that I know it would work. I brought my daughter too my cluster meetings, so I think most clusters are flexible. I know there are others in your shoes on this board, so I'm sure you'll hear more advice. I pumped and was able to always have enough milk on hand for a bottle while I was gone at shows. There was a three week stretch where she went on a bottle strike and I panicked for awhile. Luckily she just did that for a short time. I looked at my time away (and still do) as a great time for my husband to be with the kids and feed my daughter her bottles, which he rarely got to do since I breastfed.

YOU get to control your schedule which is great. If you know you don't want shows far away so you're home sooner, then that is what you can do. I'm sure some hosts won't mind you bringing your baby. Maybe even have your husband tag along and he can occupy the baby until or after you nurse. You're at a GREAT place to weigh the pros and cons!! This website is very helpful. Feel free to email me if you'd like me to help you sort things out since I've been there! Good luck in your quest for info. :D

hi just wanted to throw in my two cents!! i take all 3 of my kids and my hubby to all my shows. my whole family helps with the setting up, i let all of them help somewhere in the demo just to show that anybody can use the products and they help with cleanup and packing stuff up. i dont think i could this without them. now since yours is so young, does he like to sit in his carseat as long as he can see you? all 3 of mine loved to sit int heres as long as they could watch me. maybe you could try that. and you have to keep in mind also that people love babies!! if he did start to cry i am sure someone would be more than willing to hold him of course as long as you didnt mind!! it has worked for me so far!! good luck this is a great business and you will find your rythmn somewhere in here!!

been in your shoesI have 4 babies!!! 5,4, 2, and 5 mos. Was pregnant with #2 when I signed with PC, been thru 2 other pregnancies, since.

Nursed all 4 of my kids, still nursing. The story of my life!! Ha, ha! I like others, pumped and supplemented w/formula if my child would even take formula!!!

My babysitters? My parents & my hubby!!! I occasionally have to call a dear friend to keep my kids till my husband gets home from Football practice (but that totals about 2 hours with a babysitter).

Good luck with your decision! Just remember, there are a lot of other SAHM's to relate to on this site! I'm one of them! Been doing this 5 years now!

The Pampered Chef saved my sanityWhen we moved to Indiana, I wanted to stay home with my two year old and new baby. I loved it, but after a year I needed some "me" time to keep my sanity. I was invited to Pampered Chef show, decided to host my own, and then decided "I could do this!" It has been a perfect fit for me. I now have four sons ages 6-14 and need the "time out" more than ever. My husband tells me I always come back in a better mood than I left. It is true! I meet new people (some of whom have become great friends) and feel professional helping people with tool tips and recipe ideas. It feels great to be known as "the Pampered Chef lady" and not just mom and wife. People know me for me. It has given my husband some more time alone with the boys. (He appreciates me all the more :) .) Good luck!

What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant for stay-at-home moms?

Being a Pampered Chef consultant allows stay-at-home moms to have a flexible schedule, work from home, and earn extra income while still being able to take care of their children. It also provides opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as a supportive community of other consultants.

How do I balance running a business and taking care of my baby?

The key to balancing a business and baby is to create a schedule that works for you and your family. This may mean working during nap times or enlisting the help of a babysitter or family member for a few hours a week. It's also important to prioritize tasks and delegate when necessary.

What kind of support does Pampered Chef offer for stay-at-home mom consultants?

Pampered Chef offers extensive training and resources for consultants, including online training, mentorship programs, and in-person events. There is also a strong community of support from other consultants who are also balancing business and family life.

Can I host parties and events while taking care of my baby?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers virtual party options that allow consultants to host parties and events from the comfort of their own home. This makes it easier for stay-at-home moms to manage their business and their baby's needs at the same time.

What are the start-up costs for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

The start-up costs for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant are low, with a starter kit priced at $109. This includes all the necessary materials and tools to start your business, as well as access to training and support. There are also opportunities to earn free products and bonuses when you reach certain sales goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Geekgirl69
  • Jennifer Donoho
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD