• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Beans in the Oven: Is It Possible?

In summary, the customer insisted that the DCB could not slow cook beans like that because she had something like a "bean baker." This clay pot is used in Mexican bean baking and the DCB is better because it creates a far better tasting bean. The customer shared that she uses hers to slow cook beans all the time and they are dirt cheap to make.
clshirk
Customer asked about if we had a product that would slow cook beans in the oven. She said there was something she had like a 'bean baker' I think she called it. She insisted she didn't think the DCB could slow cook raw beans like that. Any ideas on that?

She is probably talking about a clay pot that is used in Mexican bean baking. I DO think that the DCB would do it...ask her how she does it, buy a bag of beans and give it a try.

It's only going to cost you about a buck!

I use mine to slow cook beans all the time. In fact, it is better than other "bean pots" that are glazed inside. The unglazed interior of the DCB creates a far better tasting bean.

I'm doing baked beans in mine right now! We're having them for dinner w/ burgers on the grill to celebrate Spring! (even though it's 30 degrees here right now!)

Actually, a girl on my team was thrilled that she could make slow "country beans" in the DCB. She soaked pinto beans for 2 hours then it took 1 hour and 2o minutes in the microwave for them to be perfect.

She was so excited when she called me to tell me how fast it was. Since I never have made beans from scratch I wasn't too excited. She convinced me this was a huge deal. If it's 3:00 and you are thinking country beans sure would be good tonight; the earliest you would be able to eat them would be at 9:00. The beast beans are soaked overnight. The minimum you soak beans is two hours and then you bake them in the oven for four hours. Yes, 4 hours!

She was so excited to share that she can have beans in no time...and that they are dirt cheap to make.

I shared that story many times at my shows. For the people who want slow beans fast -this a benefit.

For the lady looking for a bean baker...you have it. It's the DCB!!!

I have a friend who just started "Celebrating Home" which is a new combo of 2 old direct sales companies, don't remember which. But anyway, they have a Bean Pot, which their consultant was pushing as their must have in the kitchen. I would say the DCB would be the equivalent, but better. Their bean pot is round with bowed sides, so i think cleaning and serving would be more difficult. Our stoneware seems more insulated than theirs as well.

Thanks ladies. I'm informing her of what you're all telling me. Perhaps she will add it to her order, or next time she'll order it. I love the DCB

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us about slow cooking beans in the oven. We do have a product that can help with that - our Deep Covered Baker can be used in the oven to slow cook beans (and other dishes) to perfection. It's a versatile and durable piece of cookware that can handle high temperatures and slow cooking. You can find more information about it on our website or feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I cook all types of beans in the oven?

Yes, you can cook a variety of beans in the oven such as black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, and more. However, some beans may require longer cooking times than others.

2. Do I need to soak the beans before cooking them in the oven?

It is recommended to soak the beans before cooking them in the oven as it helps to reduce the cooking time and can also make them easier to digest. However, you can still cook unsoaked beans in the oven, but they may take longer to cook.

3. How long does it take to cook beans in the oven?

The cooking time for beans in the oven can vary depending on the type of bean and if they were soaked beforehand. On average, it can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours for beans to cook in the oven.

4. Can I add seasonings or other ingredients while cooking beans in the oven?

Yes, you can add seasonings and other ingredients to the beans while they are cooking in the oven. This is a great way to infuse more flavor into the beans. Just be sure to check on them periodically and stir to ensure they are evenly coated.

5. Is there a specific temperature I should cook beans at in the oven?

The recommended temperature for cooking beans in the oven is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. However, you can adjust the temperature based on your preference and the type of bean you are cooking. Just be sure to check on them often to prevent them from burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • trps