1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Beaded servers from SAT

1. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Got my $3k SAT package today! Woo Hoo!

Anyways, on my beaded serving pieces, looking through the clear beads you can see the silvery "foil" right? Well, there are several places that the "foil" is torn/ripped and it looks kind of bad b/c under that is black. Now, from a distance it's not noticeable, but upon checking it out, it sticks out.

Is this something I should do a PA for? I don't know if I am being "too picky" or what. I do know tho that if I saw that product in that condition I would not buy it -- I would think if that's how the consultant's products are then mine won't be in any better shape.

Opinions?

Jul 28, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

If it bothers you and you think it's noticeable, I'd do an on-line product adjustment. You didn't buy these for personal use and can "live with it"-- you are supposed to be using it as a sample for your shows. You don't want people to see inferior quality and be turned off.

Jul 28, 2009
  3. Liquid Sky

True, very true! Thanks. I will do a PA :thumbup:

Jul 28, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

One of mine is like that, too. I'm doing an adjustment.

Jul 28, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Can you also see the rubber gaskets between the beads on yours? I had this same problem with the beaded spreaders in December! It took me 25 to get the 15 right I needed. I thought these would be better but I can see that gasket between each bead and think it LOOKS AWFUL...more like something you would find at Big Lots!

Jul 28, 2009
  6. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Just talked with HO. Got some poor guy who was clueless what the SAT products were and asked me what my show number was! ARGH! Anyway, I told them there were problems with them last December in the Beaded Spreaders and did he want to issue a pickup on this so they can see the problems. He is sending me a label to mail it back. I am putting in a note so they understand the problem. Everyone needs to CALL HO about the issues you see on your Cake/Pie Server so this can be taken care of quickly and we won't have to spend time apologizing to our customers about it!

Jul 28, 2009
  7. raebates

I don't see any gaskets. I did an adjustment online.

Jul 28, 2009
  8. Liquid Sky

Yes, I can see each gasket. One of the gaskets (at the very top) is broken and the ends were sticking out. I pulled it out when I first saw that when I opened the packages.

I don't really think there's a way to not see the gaskets in between...is there? I don't see how that would be possible. Yet, I don't have any of the beaded spreaders from December so I have nothing to compare it to. Can you post a pic of your beaded spreader from Dec so I can get an idea of what you are referring to for right look?

Jul 28, 2009
  9. raebates

If I look closely I can see them. What I meant was that they aren't obvious on mine, at least by my standards.

Jul 28, 2009
  10. shorelinecef

shorelinecef Novice Member

There actually is a "show number" on the packing slip. It starts with your consultant number and then has a number that begins with the letter G (at least on mine). Hopefully this will help anyone who runs into this again. I did an online PA because mine were torn, too and you can see the rubber gaskets through the beads. I think my guests would be hesitant to buy if they saw this.:eek:

Jul 29, 2009
  11. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I noticed this on mine that I got last night and thought "oo, I have to ask the cheffers about this!" and then forgot! So glad someone else did! Mine makes it look like the bead is broken on the inside. Think the look you get when you break a glass bottle or other piece of thick glass. I kept running my fingernail over it to see if it would catch and maybe the bead was cracked but nothing. I'll have to look at it again when I'm home to see if it is just the foil ripped. I didn't think of that last night. Also, I didn't notice the gaskets but that could be because I was preoccupied with the bead! haha To be honest, I never had ANY desire for any of our beaded stuff, it's a little cheesey for me. I never would have bought them myself, and now having one piece the quality doesn't look like it belongs in the PC family of products. It just looks messy to me. I'd rather just do the product adjustment and not deal with calling HO but would they realize there's a widespread problem by doing an online PA? Or for them to really realize it's widespread do we need to personally tell them?

Jul 29, 2009
  12. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I also have this problem...Did the adjustment over the phone... Not sure if I want to show these if there are so many flaws with them...

Aug 10, 2009
Have something to add?