• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Torn Foil on Beaded Server: What to do?!

In summary, the customer is complaining about the quality of the beaded servers that they have received from HO, and they are wondering why the new cake server did not come with a protective cover. They also mention that they may be nit picking, but the foil on the white bead is all torn- 3 in a row. They suggest that people send the servers back if they are unhappy with them, and that the customer should order a replacement cover for the "Slice and Serve" for only $2.50.
jnsr96
Okay, so I have called HO for the beaded server twice now and just received the 3rd one...It is still not perfect...I may be nit picking, but the foil on the white bead is all torn- 3 in a row...Do I call again?! Are they even going to take me seriously? what to do?!?!!

How do you mean, torn? The foil in these typed of beads will not be a perfect layer - there will be little breaks in the silver that will appear as black markings. It's just what happens as they're formed.

jnsr96 said:
Okay, so I have called HO for the beaded server twice now and just received the 3rd one...It is still not perfect...I may be nit picking, but the foil on the white bead is all torn- 3 in a row...Do I call again?! Are they even going to take me seriously? what to do?!?!!

I hear ya...I have had the same issue with 2 sets now. It looks pretty crappy and it's not true that there's no way to get around the foil ripping and tearing. It's all about quality control and that is lacking when creating the beaded products. They are slamming them out and not even taking 2 seconds to do a quality check before distributing them to the PC warehouse.

I personally think that it's the character of the beads. I don't think they are going to be perfect. All of mine look like that.

I just checked all of mine and the only one that has anything like you described is the cake server and it's on the underside with a couple tiny tears in the foil. Hardly noticeable. The rest of my pieces have no tears in the foil whatsoever.

However, if you keep yours with the tears to show and people still order them, they won't think theirs are defective if they come that way.

wadesgirl said:
I personally think that it's the character of the beads. I don't think they are going to be perfect. All of mine look like that.

Thats what I think as well. Some of mine are like that, some are not

hummm

I could see mine through the wrappers in came in from HO. I called for an adjustment,. For what these cost, I honestly don't think they should like like that. To me it looks flawed, not like the character of the beads.

It's not the character of the beads because the foil wrapping is completely separate from the beads themselves.

On another note, as a customer, I would never accept products in that condition especially when paying PC prices. If I got beaded servers at Walmart or Big Lots for $4 for the pair or something, then yeah...I would care less about a few rips and tears in the foil. When you have experienced and expect quality from a company, and are willing to spend the $ for it, it becomes a whole new ball game on the levels of quality and functionality expectations.

Liquid Sky said:
It's not the character of the beads because the foil wrapping is completely separate from the beads themselves.

What foil wrapping are you referring to? The foil that's inside the beads isn't separate. It's inside the glass, and the process of forming the beads around the foil can create small tears in the foil. That's not "completely separate" from the beads, it's INSIDE the beads (not inside the hole).

chefann said:
What foil wrapping are you referring to? The foil that's inside the beads isn't separate. It's inside the glass, and the process of forming the beads around the foil can create small tears in the foil. That's not "completely separate" from the beads, it's INSIDE the beads (not inside the hole).

I'm with you Ann, after all you are the bead woman.;) Really if anybody is unhappy with their serving pieces send them back.

Just wondering why the new cake server did not come with a protective cover...it is a little sharp! :(

I don't know Ginger, maybe we should suggest it to head office though.

rennea said:
I don't know Ginger, maybe we should suggest it to head office though.

I found an old one in my house, I'll use it to take it to shows....:D

You can order a replacement cover for the "Slice and Serve" for only $2.50...it fits over the sharp edges of the new beaded server...not ALL the way on, but enough to cover the sharp parts. That's probably what I'll do for mine.

esavvymom said:
You can order a replacement cover for the "Slice and Serve" for only $2.50...it fits over the sharp edges of the new beaded server...not ALL the way on, but enough to cover the sharp parts. That's probably what I'll do for mine.

Yeah, but we can't let the customers see it.....:(

1. What causes the foil on my beaded server to tear?

The most common reason for torn foil on a beaded server is accidentally using a sharp knife or utensil on the surface. The foil is delicate and can easily tear if not handled with care.

2. Can the torn foil be repaired?

Unfortunately, torn foil cannot be repaired. The best solution is to replace the foil altogether.

3. How do I remove the torn foil?

To remove the torn foil, gently peel it off from one corner using your fingers. If it is difficult to remove, use a small piece of masking tape to lift it off.

4. Can I still use the beaded server with torn foil?

Yes, you can still use the beaded server with torn foil. However, be careful not to use sharp utensils on the surface to prevent further tearing.

5. Where can I find replacement foil for my beaded server?

You can purchase replacement foil for your beaded server from Pampered Chef's website or through a consultant. Alternatively, you can also find foil at most craft or kitchen supply stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • peichef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies