1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Beaded server

1. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Okay, so I have called HO for the beaded server twice now and just received the 3rd one...It is still not perfect...I may be nit picking, but the foil on the white bead is all torn- 3 in a row...Do I call again?! Are they even going to take me seriously? what to do?!?!!

Aug 22, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

How do you mean, torn? The foil in these typed of beads will not be a perfect layer - there will be little breaks in the silver that will appear as black markings. It's just what happens as they're formed.

Aug 22, 2009
  3. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

I hear ya...I have had the same issue with 2 sets now. It looks pretty crappy and it's not true that there's no way to get around the foil ripping and tearing. It's all about quality control and that is lacking when creating the beaded products. They are slamming them out and not even taking 2 seconds to do a quality check before distributing them to the PC warehouse.

Aug 22, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I personally think that it's the character of the beads. I don't think they are going to be perfect. All of mine look like that.

Aug 22, 2009
  5. chefmickey1

chefmickey1 Member Gold Member

I just checked all of mine and the only one that has anything like you described is the cake server and it's on the underside with a couple tiny tears in the foil. Hardly noticeable. The rest of my pieces have no tears in the foil whatsoever.

However, if you keep yours with the tears to show and people still order them, they won't think theirs are defective if they come that way.

Aug 23, 2009
  6. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Thats what I think as well. Some of mine are like that, some are not

hummm

Aug 23, 2009
  7. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

I could see mine through the wrappers in came in from HO. I called for an adjustment,. For what these cost, I honestly don't think they should like like that. To me it looks flawed, not like the character of the beads.

Aug 23, 2009
  8. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

It's not the character of the beads because the foil wrapping is completely separate from the beads themselves.

On another note, as a customer, I would never accept products in that condition especially when paying PC prices. If I got beaded servers at Walmart or Big Lots for $4 for the pair or something, then yeah...I would care less about a few rips and tears in the foil. When you have experienced and expect quality from a company, and are willing to spend the $ for it, it becomes a whole new ball game on the levels of quality and functionality expectations.

Aug 23, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

What foil wrapping are you referring to? The foil that's inside the beads isn't separate. It's inside the glass, and the process of forming the beads around the foil can create small tears in the foil. That's not "completely separate" from the beads, it's INSIDE the beads (not inside the hole).

Aug 23, 2009
  10. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I'm with you Ann, after all you are the bead woman.;) Really if anybody is unhappy with their serving pieces send them back.

Aug 23, 2009
  11. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Just wondering why the new cake server did not come with a protective cover...it is a little sharp! :(

Aug 23, 2009
  12. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I don't know Ginger, maybe we should suggest it to head office though.

Aug 23, 2009
  13. Ginger428

I found an old one in my house, I'll use it to take it to shows....:D

Aug 23, 2009
  14. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

You can order a replacement cover for the "Slice and Serve" for only $2.50...it fits over the sharp edges of the new beaded server...not ALL the way on, but enough to cover the sharp parts. That's probably what I'll do for mine.

Aug 23, 2009
  15. Ginger428

Yeah, but we can't let the customers see it.....:(

Aug 23, 2009
Have something to add?