• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Beach-Themed Event in Winter: Ideas & Inspiration

In summary, the conversation discusses hosting a beach themed party in the winter and asking for ideas on food and activities. Some suggestions include serving cool drinks and fruit, having a photo booth with beach props, and playing a game called "pin the towel on the guest." The hosts also mention successfully hosting similar events in the past.
jenniferlynne
I have a show coming up and the hostess is considering have a Beach Theme. I kind of thought this was a little odd in the middle of winter when it is 30 degrees outside, but maybe she just wants to get in the mood for summer. Anyway, I did a search on here, and the only Beach info I found was the invitation. Just wondering if anyone else has done one and what they served. I'm guessing fruits and dips and cool drinks but wasn't real sure. Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

Thank You! :)

I have not done a PC Beach Party show, but my husband and I have had "beach parties" in the dead of Winter. I live in the Chicago area, and winters can be COLD!!!! We would turn up the heat, put on Beach Boys music, and everyone came in beach wear. We took pictures of everyone under the beach umbrella, on the beach towel, and everyone had a BLAST!!!! We gave prizes for the most outrageous outfits !!!

I actually did a pool party once but we pretended to be at the beach. We served some cool drinks made in the quick stir pitchers, Lemondade, Iced tea, punch and even some delicious fruit smoothies. Along side that I served some kabobs with sausage, chicken breast, red bell pepper, onion and cherry tomatoes. It was fun.
I have also done a Beach party in the winter (here in TX our winter is a FREEZING 50 degrees LOL :rolleyes: )
We did the same type of thing indoors with the drinks and beach decorations except for this I served classic deli wraps so I wouldn't have to worry about using a grill. They were delicious and the guests loved them. They are so easy to make. Also I made up a really neat game. It's called pin the towel on the guest. I explain how a guest has arrived without a towel and she's freezing so let's help her out. Same thing as pin the tail on the donkey. I blind fold and spin then I let them loose!! Watch out.
I use a poster board and draw a woman (as well as can be) about a foot long and then I give each guest a napkin with tape on it to see how well they can cover her up. Winner gets a prize. IT's fun!!!
Debbie

What are some decor ideas for a beach-themed event in winter?

For a winter beach-themed event, consider incorporating white and silver accents to represent snow and ice. You can also use blue and turquoise hues to represent the ocean. Adding seashells, starfish, and other beach-themed decorations can also enhance the theme. Don't forget to include cozy elements like blankets and candles to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.

How can I serve beach-inspired food in winter?

There are plenty of ways to serve beach-inspired food in winter. You can serve seafood dishes like crab cakes or shrimp cocktail, or incorporate tropical fruits like pineapples and mangos into your menu. For drinks, consider serving tropical cocktails or hot cocoa with a beachy twist, such as adding coconut or pineapple flavors.

What are some fun activities for a winter beach-themed event?

Some fun activities for a winter beach-themed event could include a beach-inspired photo booth with props like sunglasses and beach hats, a sandcastle building contest, or a bonfire with s'mores. You could also set up a DIY beach-themed craft station for guests to make their own beachy souvenirs.

How can I make my winter beach-themed event feel more cozy?

To make your winter beach-themed event feel more cozy, consider adding warm lighting such as string lights or candles. You can also provide comfortable seating options like bean bag chairs or floor pillows. Serving warm comfort food and providing guests with blankets can also make the event feel more cozy.

What are some ways to incorporate a winter twist into a beach-themed event?

There are many ways to incorporate a winter twist into a beach-themed event. You could serve beach-inspired dishes with a winter twist, such as snow crab legs or hot cocoa with a tropical flavor. You could also incorporate winter activities like ice skating or building a snowman into the event. Another idea is to have a "Christmas in July" theme and incorporate holiday decorations and traditions into the beach theme.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • ljeffries
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • happykat