• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning: Apple Wedger Caution - Injury Risk & Not Recommended for Children

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of an apple wedger and the potential dangers of not using it correctly. One person shares their experience of cutting their thumb while using it and recommends a different method of twisting the apple to remove the core. Others also share their experiences and tips for using the wedger safely. It is emphasized to never stick body parts into or under sharp objects.
ckmom002
i just wanted to let everyone know be careful with the apple wedger i just sliced my thumb open by trying to push the apple out i willl never recommend this product for a child

My kiddos use this all the time. It's GREAT for kids, when they know how to use it w/out getting hurt (like anything else in the kitchen!)
What I taught them to do, is to slice down on the apple, then flip it over on it's side. Pull the core "out" and the rest of the apple wedges will fall off on the other side. :D

LOL Too funny!!Yes I did that to myself at my party in October. Lost a big chunk of my thumb but luckily it grew back. Hurt like H-E-double hockey sticks though I can tell you that. So NOW instead of pushing them through I pull them through!! LOL Easy AND painless.

After you push the wedger down, grab the apple with one hand and twist.

Pops right out. :D

OUCH!!
But it does make sense that it could do that.

Kris

My family loves the apple wedger.

I do find that once you push it down over the apple the bottom little bit doesn't cut. I just grab a few of the sections, or even the whole appple, and twist while the core is left in place.

I have nicked myself when washing the wedger and I reach into the sink and grab it without being careful (I am the dishwasher).

that is the one thing about the PC wedger over others..it is very sharp and you cannot try to get pieces out that way. My kids are used to the duller wedgers too, so I will not get one until they are older.

Were you pushing the bottom of the apple up through the apple wedger?

The reason I ask is because my MIL is totally kitchen handicapped. :D NOT SAYING YOU ARE, but when she bought her apple wedger from me I didn't explain that she shouldn't do that, thinking the entire time that she'd know better. :rolleyes: She even watched me use it and that's when she decided to buy one. Well, did she EVER prove me wrong. She pressed down on the apple and then flipped it over and tried to push the apple back up through the wedger! :eek: The end result is 4 or 5 fingers that ended up nearly skinned to the muscle! :eek:

She actually called me to say "Why did you NOT tell me NOT to do that!!" My only response was "Didn't you know better than to stick your fingers into the business end of a sharp object?"

Moral of the story! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stick your body parts into or under something sharp.

1. What is the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" and how does it work?

The "Be Careful Apple Wedger" is a kitchen tool designed to easily and safely slice apples into wedges. It works by placing an apple on the base and pressing down with the sharp blades, resulting in evenly sliced wedges.

2. Is the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it in the top rack of the dishwasher for best results.

3. Can the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" be used for other fruits?

While it is primarily designed for apples, the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" can also be used for other fruits such as pears or even soft vegetables like tomatoes.

4. How do I clean the "Be Careful Apple Wedger"?

To clean the "Be Careful Apple Wedger", simply rinse it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Alternatively, you can also place it in the dishwasher.

5. Is the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" safe for children to use?

We recommend adult supervision when using the "Be Careful Apple Wedger" as the blades are sharp. It is important to follow the instructions and use caution when using this kitchen tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies