• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Resolve BCC and CC Issues: Emailing Multiple People Confidentially

In summary, you can use the Blind Carbon Copy feature in your email program to send a message to multiple people without them seeing the other email addresses. You can also use the BCC feature to CC other email addresses.
pchefinski
I can't figure out the BCC & CC thing.. Can anyone help me? I want to send an email to multiple people and each person think they're the only one that gets it.. can I do that? And how? TIA I appreciate it.

Amanda,

I can't tell you how to do it but I know you can. It will be a change on your email program somewhere in settings. I had to add BCC as an option.

Glad to hear you want to use the "Blind Carbon Copy". I get so tired of seeing a zillion email addresses and knowing that all these people are getting my address too.

I'm sure one of our brilliant consultants will have a more complete answer for you. Perhaps you should post what program you create your emails in. . . .

What I do is type in my own e-mail address in the To: box since mine requires at least one in there. Then all the rest of them I just add to the CC or BCC and none of them will show up.

If you have 2 different e-mail addresses you could always send a test one to yourself just to make sure it works that way for you.

Amanda,
The reciepient will see the email addresses if you are just CC'ing them. The only way they don't see it is if it's in the BCC field. Hence the name Carbon Copy and Blind Carbon Copy. I always send mine to myself in the 'To' line and everyone else in the BCC field. I promise all of my customers that I will not share their email addresses with anyone, that includes other customers!!!! Their privacy is most important to me!!

Send yourself a couple of tests to see if it looks the way you want it to. I am happy to help if you would like me to send you a test email as well!!!

I do the exact as Desiree does, my e-mail address in the "To" and everyone else's address in the BCC.

Aha thanks :) I knew it was one of those things. I've tried to mess with it and send emails to myself, but I get confungled after a few tries and so I just thought it best to ask the pros. ;) And now I realize that I can't use the BCC thing for what I'm doing right now anyway b/c every email is addressed to the recipient's first name.. so that won't work. But for next time, I'm glad I know how to do it now.. Thank you all!!

1. What is the difference between BCC and CC?

CC stands for "carbon copy" and is used to send a copy of the email to additional recipients. BCC stands for "blind carbon copy" and also sends a copy to additional recipients, but their names and email addresses are hidden from other recipients.

2. How do I add BCC or CC recipients to my email?

To add BCC or CC recipients, you can usually click on the "BCC" or "CC" button located next to the "To" field in your email composition window. This will open a new field where you can enter the email addresses of additional recipients.

3. Can I use BCC or CC to send confidential emails?

Yes, BCC and CC can be used to send confidential emails. However, it is important to note that BCC recipients can still see the other recipients' email addresses, so it is not completely confidential. It is recommended to use a secure email service or encryption for highly sensitive information.

4. Is there a limit to how many BCC or CC recipients I can add?

The limit for BCC and CC recipients will depend on your email service provider. Some providers may have a limit of 100 recipients, while others may allow more. It is always best to check with your provider for their specific limits.

5. Can I use BCC or CC to email a large group of people?

Yes, BCC and CC can be used to email a large group of people. However, it is important to use BCC to avoid sharing everyone's email addresses with each other. This also helps to prevent the email from being marked as spam or rejected by the recipient's email server.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kat29