• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bbq Veggie Grilling Demo Ideas?

In summary, the BBQ host is insisting on doing a "Grilled veggie" thing, but the cluster is having trouble coming up with ideas.
Veevahchef
Silver Member
Hello all!

I am wondering what Ideas you all could share about doing a demo with the BBQ, that shows a lot of our tools (besides the BBQtools) and doesn;t take a long time? I have a host who is insisting on doing a "Grilled veggie" thing, and to be honest with you, i normally stay far far away from any BBQ, and I tryed to deter her fropm this "Theme" but she is firm on it.
I asked my cluster lastnight at our meeting for some ideas and I got some great ones, (If you are reading this ladies.. THANKYOU!) But i thought I should maybe ask for some more just becuase i am so apprehensive about doing a decent demo on something that I just don;t normally do!
Thanks in advance for your help!!

OK, so it would seem that you guys are as stumped about this as me??
LOL

sorry, no ideas from me. There- now you at least have one post from someone other than yourself. :)

...I've only ever made veggies in a foil pouch, or in my grilling basket (not PC), sorry I can't help! Maybe we will get one soon though...Williams & Sonoma just advertised one in their father's day ad..

Could you sway her into the Italian Grilled Pizza from Casual Cooking? Then at least you'd have a recipe to go by.

DebbieJ said:
Could you sway her into the Italian Grilled Pizza from Casual Cooking? Then at least you'd have a recipe to go by.

And then maybe you could do some grilled pineapple for dessert.......grilled pineapple is yummy!

Do you like Vidalia Onions??These are really good! I made them with the Balsamic option...

Grilled Onion Flowers
Ingredients:
4 medium sweet yellow onions (7-8 ounces each)
¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing or Italian salad dressing
¼ cup water
1/3 cup seasoned croutons, coarsely chopped

Directions:
1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Using Chef’s Knife, cut ½-inch slice from top of each onion and just enough off root end so onion will stand upright on flat surface; peel. Using Apple Wedger, cut each onion into wedges from top to within ½ inch of root end; carefully remove wedger, keeping onion whole.
2. Cut four 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Using Pastry Brush, brush foil lightly with some of the salad dressing; set aside. Place 2 of the onions and water in Large Micro-Cooker; cover. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Remove onions from Micro-Cooker using Nylon Spoon, reserving water. Place each onion on square of aluminum foil. Repeat with remaining onions.
3. Partially shape foil around each onion; do not seal. Brush onions evenly with remaining salad dressing. Bring foil up around onions; twist corners together to seal securely.
4. Place onions on grid of grill. Grill, uncovered, 15 minutes or until onions are tender. Remove from grill using Barbecue Tongs; open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. To serve, remove onions from foil; sprinkle evenly with croutons.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 100, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat .5g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 13g, Protein 2g, Sodium 45mg, Fiber 2g.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2002

Not PC but YUMMYThese were a favorite appetizer at a restaurant. When they changed the menu, I managed to get the chef to give up his secrets!!!

Get some whole Portabella mushrooms. Marinate them (overnight if you can) in Newman's Own Balsamic Salad Dressing. (This brand really tastes best as a 'shoom marinade!) Grill the portabellas, then slice them. Meanwhile chop some tomatoes and spin some lettuce.

Plate them on SA, bed of lettuce, sliced shrooms, chopped tomatoes and just a touch of crumbled bleu cheese on top. This looks elegant, smells amazing, and taste? OOhhhh!!!!! To Die Fo'!

You could use the grilling tongs, forged cutlery, cutting board, UM for the tomatoes if you want to add that tool, Salad and Berry Spinner, food prep bowls for the blue cheese...

You had me worried Veevahchef! I thought my ideas weren't good enough for you! hee hee hee. :eek:

A fantastic recipe my husband and I do is you take medium-sized button mushrooms, clean and remove the stems. Make a mixture of Feta cheese (lots) and seasoning (about 1 tbsp) (I'd use the PC Italian or the Red Bell Pepper & Herb, and garlic - pressed - 1-2 cloves). Fill this cheese mixture into the mushroom. Place on BBQ, cheese side up, until heated through. It is awesome, easy and oh, so impressive. You could even top with Parmesan or Asiago using the Microplane.

There's the Southwestern 7 Layer Salad you could do in the trifle bowl while veggies are cooking (I'd make the host watch the BBQ) (recipe's on my site). Maybe the Microcake for dessert, with fresh strawberries and garnished with whipped topping using the Easy Accent Decorator?

Do you still need my BBQ kit?;)

At the babyshower I had on Sunday, I made Lime-Ade in the Family Size Quik Stir Pitcher with blue berries floating in it.

Anything else?

paniniyou could also grill sliced zuchinni,eggplant, squash, onions all sliced with Ultimate mandoline and then most grills have a stove attached, put the glill pan on and assemble some marvelous panini, mini ones are great from the Season's best.

Kate

foil packeti did one thing last night was cut potatoes in wedges(apple wedger) and added baby carrots and sliced onions on the um. you could add mushroom slices on the egg slicer plus. you can put then in the classic batter bowl add garlic infused oil and our sweet and smoky bbq rub. mix and put in foil and after cooked no real cleanup needed, and it was really good too.

I take zuccini and slice it in half long way and spray it with either of our yummy oils and add a bit of garil salt. then throw them on the grill

One of my family favorites is carrots cut with the crinkle cutter, along with zuccini and onion(I use the apple corer for these so you get large even slices).
I use one of our infused canola oils and make sure that are covered with it well and then I use the Italian Seasoning all over. I either put them wrapped in foil or use the skewers. We like them when the carrots have some firmness to them. If using You can add other veggies as well.

1. How do I prevent my vegetables from sticking to the grill?

To prevent your vegetables from sticking to the grill, make sure to oil the grill grates before cooking. You can also lightly brush oil on your veggies before placing them on the grill. Additionally, using a grill basket or skewers can help prevent sticking.

2. What are some creative ways to season grilled veggies?

There are endless possibilities when it comes to seasoning grilled veggies! Some popular options include using a marinade or rub, sprinkling on herbs and spices, or adding a splash of balsamic vinegar or citrus juice. You can also experiment with different sauces and dressings to add flavor.

3. How long should I grill my vegetables for?

The grilling time for vegetables can vary depending on the type and size of the veggie. As a general rule, most vegetables will take 8-10 minutes to grill over medium heat. However, denser veggies like potatoes may take a bit longer, while more delicate veggies like asparagus may cook faster. It's best to keep an eye on your veggies and flip them as needed until they are cooked to your desired level of doneness.

4. Can I grill frozen vegetables?

Yes, you can grill frozen vegetables! Just make sure to thaw them first and pat them dry before grilling. This will help them cook more evenly and prevent excess moisture from causing them to stick to the grill.

5. What are some tips for grilling a variety of vegetables at the same time?

When grilling a variety of vegetables at the same time, it's important to consider the cooking time for each veggie. Start with denser vegetables, such as potatoes or carrots, as they will take longer to cook. Then add in veggies that cook faster, like zucchini or bell peppers. You can also group similar size and shape veggies together to ensure they cook evenly. And don't be afraid to use different methods, like a grill basket or foil packets, to cook different types of veggies at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Hbachna