• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Menu for a BBQ Chicken Slider Show!

In summary, the host wants to do shredded bbq chicken sliders and she wants to use one of our bbq sauces. Pampered Chef's recipe is yummy and the others are not my favorites. The Cherry Chipotle BBQ sauce was a big hit with my customers when it first came out. Most of the guests just drink it without the alcohol. The other punch recipe that I love is the Cran-Raspberry Fizz from one of the old Season's Best (you should be able to find a recipe on CC).
ChefMommyof3Boys
I'm doing a show and the host wants to do shredded bbq chicken sliders and she wants to use one of our bbq sauces. I have tried the Carolina Mustard but not the others. What is your favorite? I need to order it today to get it here before her show. She also wants to have an alcoholic beverage at the show, but what goes with bbq chicken sliders?! haha!

ChefMommyof3Boys said:
I'm doing a show and the host wants to do shredded bbq chicken sliders and she wants to use one of our bbq sauces. I have tried the Carolina Mustard but not the others. What is your favorite? I need to order it today to get it here before her show. She also wants to have an alcoholic beverage at the show, but what goes with bbq chicken sliders?! haha!

Personally, I absolutely hate the Beer BBQ sauce. I am gagging just thinking about it. :yuck:

I was leary to try the others, but the other night we had some plain pulled pork that we defrosted and I tried the Cherry Chipotle BBQ sauce on it. It was pretty good. I didn't go overboard with the sauce, though. It had a nice tang to it. So, I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

Haven't tried the others, yet.

Oh, beverage wise - always BEER for us with BBQ. But I am sure you are looking for a PC choice! ;)

The Beer BBQ sauce is ok. The Korean and the Cherry Chipolte are both very good. I am not a mustard fan so the Carolina sauce is out for me.Or make your own (my favorite):1 cup catsup
2 tsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp PC Smokey BBQ Rub
1/4 cup packed brown sugarCombine and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. If there is any left over it keeps well in the refrigerator.

Thanks!! I think I'm going to order the Cherry Chipotle and maybe we will make Beth's recipe too and let them chose which one they want. Thanks again for yall's help! :)

ChefMommyof3Boys said:
Thanks!! I think I'm going to order the Cherry Chipotle and maybe we will make Beth's recipe too and let them chose which one they want. Thanks again for yall's help! :)

It's actually Pampered Chef's recipe. It is yummy!

The Beer and Carolina Mustards are not my favorites. The Chipotle Cherry was a big hit with my customers when it first came out. It's a little too spicy for me, but I do like the flavor. My favorite is the Korean, but it doesn't really taste anything like BBQ sauce. I use it with asian stir-fry, pot-stickers, egg rolls, etc as a dipping sauce and I love it with those. I would not use it as an actual BBQ sauce.

I second the sauce using the BBQ rub. I think it would probably be good with the Smokey Applewood rub too.

If you want to use a PC Itty Bitty Bevs for the alcoholic drink, the Cosmo is good. Not sure it goes with BBQ, but it's tasty. I don't like it without the vodka -- too sweet. It is really good if you add a little wedge of lime squeezed into each glass too. Gives it more depth of flavor. I haven't tried the Appletini yet. The Margarita is ok. I'm not a fan of the Cucumber Mojito myself.

If you're ok doing a non-PC drink, Margarita Punch is good and might go with BBQ. It's a 12-oz can each of frozen OJ, limeade and lemonade mixed with 3 liters of Sprite/7-up instead of water. It fills the Family Quick-Stir pitcher to the top (you have to blend slowly or the Sprite bubbles and overflows). Tequila can be added to each glass to taste. Most of the guests at my show just drink it without the alcohol and like that they have the option of alcohol or not. The other punch recipe that I love is the Cran-Raspberry Fizz from one of the old Season's Best (you should be able to find a recipe on CC). It's made in the QS pitcher as well and you can add vodka to it or just to each glass. Both of these taste just wonderful with or without alcohol.

Good luck. I'm hungry just thinking about all of it!

Shari in Texas

I like the one that Beth suggested....it's really good except I go lighter on the rub amount. I love the Korean one and the Cherry Chipotle was too spice and I like spicier foods.

Korean or homemade with our PC Smoky BBQ Rub. Haven't tried the Cherry Chipotle, but sounds like I need to get some soon.

Here is a recipe handout I used with an assortment of BBQ recipes compiled from various Pampered Chef sources.

Attachments

• Barbecue Sauces.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 501
So interesting reading all these posts...no one likes the beer yet I use it in my baked beans and in Aloha Pizza and a few other things and this is my #1 seller. How funny is that? I think that we sell what we like the most...Maybe it is a regional thing, but beer is popular here! :D

lpacker said:
Here is a recipe handout I used with an assortment of BBQ recipes compiled from various Pampered Chef sources.

Thanks so much for these! They will be terrific once grilling season rolls back around for shows. However, since we grill at the house all the time, we'll be trying them out soon. Thanks, again!

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!! And for the chart of bbq sauces! I got my cherry chipotle in today and sneaked a taste! It is really good!!! I'm also making the batch of the bbq sauce Beth suggested on Friday night before the show on Saturday!

What ingredients do I need to make BBQ chicken sliders?

To make BBQ chicken sliders, you will need chicken breast, slider buns, BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, and any other toppings of your choice.

Can I use a different type of meat for the sliders?

Yes, you can use any type of meat such as pulled pork, beef, or even vegetarian options like grilled portobello mushrooms.

How do I prepare the chicken for the sliders?

To prepare the chicken for the sliders, you can grill, bake, or pan-fry the chicken breast until it is fully cooked. Then, shred the chicken and mix it with BBQ sauce.

What sides go well with BBQ chicken sliders?

Some popular side dishes to serve with BBQ chicken sliders are coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, or a green salad. You can also add some chips or fries for a more casual BBQ feel.

Can I make the sliders in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients in advance, such as cooking and shredding the chicken and chopping the toppings. However, it is best to assemble the sliders just before serving to prevent the buns from getting soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies