• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Delights: BBQ Rubs, Veggies & Fruity Treats

In summary, a BBQ rub is a mixture of herbs, spices, and seasonings used to add flavor to meats before grilling. It can also be used on vegetables and fruits for added flavor. To use it, simply rub it onto the surface of the food before cooking. To prevent burning, make sure the grill is not too hot and avoid direct contact with flames. There are also vegetarian options available.
cactus_flower
I have a host who wants to do a show where the guests can sample various items in an outdoor BBQ setting. Has anyone tried the Chipotle rub on chicken? I was thinking of using chicken tenders, but they can be really dry. I also wanted to use the Smokey BBQ rub. Any other rubs you like?

She also would like to do veggies in the grill basket. I plan to take my crinkle cutter and cut up melons, and put into the Chillzanne (June sp). Plus, I definitely want to take the Spicy Pineapple Rum sauce over cream cheese w/crackers. We aren't doing a dessert, but I will take a pineapple and do a wedger demo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thx.

Dianne

I'd do a search with BBQ and Barbeque...there are tons of great ideas....I'd suggest the jamaican jerk rub with lime for the chicken. Do you have the grill it quick cookbook? If you have time, I'd rec you order it with your next show.

:
I have tried the Chipotle rub on chicken before and it was delicious! I highly recommend it. As for the chicken tenders being dry, I suggest marinating them in some olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs before applying the rub. It really helps keep the meat moist. For other rub options, I personally love using a Cajun or Jamaican jerk rub for a little extra kick. And for veggies, I like to use a simple mix of olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning. It's easy but always turns out tasty.Your ideas for the grill basket sound great! I've never tried using a crinkle cutter on melons before, but I'll have to give it a try. And the Spicy Pineapple Rum sauce over cream cheese sounds like the perfect appetizer. For a refreshing drink option, you could also make a pineapple and mint infused water. Just slice up some pineapple and add it to a pitcher of water with some fresh mint leaves and let it sit for a few hours before serving. It's a nice, light option for a hot day.Hope these suggestions help! Have a great BBQ party.

1. What is a BBQ rub and how do I use it?

A BBQ rub is a blend of herbs, spices, and seasonings that are used to add flavor to meats before grilling. To use it, simply rub the mixture onto the surface of the meat before cooking. For best results, let the rub sit on the meat for at least 30 minutes before grilling.

2. Can I use BBQ rubs on vegetables?

Absolutely! BBQ rubs can add delicious flavor to grilled vegetables. Just sprinkle the rub onto the vegetables before grilling or toss them in a bit of oil and then coat with the rub.

3. Are there any vegetarian BBQ rub options?

Yes, we offer a variety of vegetarian BBQ rubs that are made without any animal products. These rubs are perfect for adding flavor to grilled veggies or tofu.

4. How do I prevent my BBQ rub from burning on the grill?

To prevent your BBQ rub from burning, make sure the grill is not too hot and that the rub is not directly over the flame. You can also try using a rub with lower sugar content as sugar tends to burn more easily.

5. Can I use BBQ rubs on fruits?

Absolutely! BBQ rubs can add a unique and delicious flavor to grilled fruits. Just sprinkle the rub onto the fruit before grilling or mix it with a bit of oil and coat the fruit before grilling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • kdbarkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PCJenni