• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Basket Recipes & Ideas for Newbies

In summary, the Grill basket can be used for cooking fresh vegetables or skewers of meat. You can also cook shrimp in it. It is relatively easy to clean.
Lifeat50
I am new and have sold a few Grill baskets. I had a customer ask me a question and I don't have an answer. I just received mine yesterday so I haven't used it yet.

What are the best things to cook in the grill basket? She tried some fresh vegetables and they just came out crispy. Did she cook them too long or does she need to coat them in olive oil or something? I read a post earlier where they suggested olive oil.

Give me any other recipes or ideas you may have. I read in the earlier post about smores, meatballs, and fish.

My family likes to marinate chicken or steak strips for salads or fajitas. Our favoite is green peppers, onions, & pierogies though..

I've heard shrimp is great, too.. I'm allerigc to seafood, so I haven't tried that!!

Yes, everything should be tossed with some oil and seasonings before going on the grill, otherwise it's just going to dry out. There are really no "recipes" per say, just toss with oil and seasonings of your choice and cook until it's how you like it.We do potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, etc....the possibilities are endless!

Toss asparagus w/ some olive oil & salt and pepper, and grill! I :love: LOVE :love: Grilled Asparagus!

Do you line your grill basket with foil? (didn't know if this would help keep the oil/seasoning in the basket to help marinate better....)

I usually don't..

jross93 said:
Do you line your grill basket with foil? (didn't know if this would help keep the oil/seasoning in the basket to help marinate better....)

Lining it with foil defeats the purpose of the basket.

i do shrimp in it and we love it. And i do sometimes line mine with foil if i want to do more then one thing. Like one time i did a basket full of pineapple rum sauce. Then the next batch was sesame shipr so i dind't want to have to clean the grill basket in between so the foil works out good then. No mess!

My family loves it for no fuss kabobs. Sometimes I just do not want to fuss with the skewers! I spray the basket with no stick cooking spray, throw on some marinated meat, when it is about done add some chunks of bell peppers, onions, pineapplw or whatever... YUM!!!

I have used it for shrimp. I buy the the medium to large shrimp, deveined but not peeled. I marinate them in olive oil, fresh pressed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper for at least an hour. Grill over medium flame for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, tossing around every 2 minutes. Allow to cool, peel and enjoy!

Leaving the peel on ensures moister shrimp.

DessertDivaFL said:
I have used it for shrimp. I buy the the medium to large shrimp, deveined but not peeled. I marinate them in olive oil, fresh pressed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper for at least an hour. Grill over medium flame for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, tossing around every 2 minutes. Allow to cool, peel and enjoy!

Leaving the peel on ensures moister shrimp.

Hmmm, I'll have to try this... I haven't had great success with shrimp... but this sounds good.

Great I've read all these and now I'm starving for shrimp!!!! Thanks for all the great info

jross93 said:

DH has lined it before - he likes it because it is more sturdy than aluminum pans (the disposable ones)...

I featured these at my show last night, out of 7 ordering guest I sold 4 or 5 I believe. Everyone loved it, had been eyeing it (sent out minis as invites), and were so pleased to see it work!

How clean looking does the grill basket stay? I had a guest ask me this and I just got mine recently and haven't used it yet. Does it stay kind-of new looking or does it get blacker looking??

Thanks-
Kelly V.

It gets blacker as you cook with it,

candiejayne said:
I featured these at my show last night, out of 7 ordering guest I sold 4 or 5 I believe. Everyone loved it, had been eyeing it (sent out minis as invites), and were so pleased to see it work!

Did you encourage your guests to buy two each, so they can flip the food over?

wadesgirl said:
It gets blacker as you cook with it,

This worries me, because like I said I haven't used mine yet. At a show a week or so ago, my hostess said her friend has one and it still looks great after using it. I said I wasn't sure I hadn't use it yet, well her friend said it still looks like new after using it several times.
So several people purchased one, and at the show today (that booked off from that) I also sold several, everyone thinking and talking about how nice it still looks. I will probably get a lot of calls when it turns black. Oh, well, live and learn I haven't use mine yet so could not tell them how it looks after several uses.

Kelly V.

KellyRedHead said:
This worries me, because like I said I haven't used mine yet. At a show a week or so ago, my hostess said her friend has one and it still looks great after using it. I said I wasn't sure I hadn't use it yet, well her friend said it still looks like new after using it several times.
So several people purchased one, and at the show today (that booked off from that) I also sold several, everyone thinking and talking about how nice it still looks. I will probably get a lot of calls when it turns black. Oh, well, live and learn I haven't use mine yet so could not tell them how it looks after several uses.
Kelly V.

What about using the stainless steel cleaner on it after every few uses to keep it shiny and new looking?
Just a thought!
Jen

KellyRedHead said:

Kelly V.

I would gently remind your guests that keeping ANY grill item looking new takes TLC. You can't throw it on the grill (fire, smoke, etc.) and expect it to look nice and shiny use after use. :D Good luck!

jross93 said:
What about using the stainless steel cleaner on it after every few uses to keep it shiny and new looking?
Just a thought!
Jen

I tried that and it didn't work for me. I think most people who grill on a regular basis know that when you use the BBQ grill, it won't look brand new but is does do the job! It cleans up well in the dishwasher too.

pampchefsarah said:
Did you encourage your guests to buy two each, so they can flip the food over?

LOL I would have had I known that little tip myself hehe! I showed off the BBQ Tongs to "stir" the contents.

We put Citrus & Basil rub on ours! We got the large ones in the shell and cooked 2 pounds Saturday night. My SIL also cooked chicken, corn, and hot dogs at the same time. We grill several different meats at once so that we don't have to do it every day...but then at 8 hot dogs got eaten! LOL!

Has anyone complained about the size of the basket? I've heard several comments that it's smaller than the pic makes it out to be....and yes, I know the measurements are indicated....

Any thoughts on comebacks for the size? When you use it....what is the max number of servings?

I was surprised when it came. I like to atleast take it for people to see how big/small it is. If I don't have it with me, I just tell them its the size of the catalog for a visual.

I always make sure I give people a visual of how big it is. The dimensions are listed, but that kind of thing doesn't always register with people.

I tell people that it can hold the same amount of food that could go in the large batter bowl. It helps them to visualize the volume that way. It does seem small, but when they realize the volume it helps. Plus I tell them it's nice that it isn't too huge, so you can still have room on your grill for all your burgers or whatever.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Has anyone complained about the size of the basket? I've heard several comments that it's smaller than the pic makes it out to be....and yes, I know the measurements are indicated....

Any thoughts on comebacks for the size? When you use it....what is the max number of servings?

I have had people comment on the size and I tell them that it is the perfect size, it'll fit on almost all grills, plus you'll have room to cook other things while your grill is on there... like if you're making steaks on the grill and the shrimp or veggies in the basket, you can do it all at the same time. And it really holds a lot... I don't know the servings... sorry...

1. What types of food can I cook in a grill basket?

Grill baskets are versatile and can be used to cook a variety of foods such as vegetables, meats, seafood, and even fruits. You can also use it to cook smaller foods that may fall through the grates such as shrimp, diced vegetables, or small pieces of meat.

2. How do I clean my grill basket?

To clean your grill basket, first remove any excess food or debris. Then, soak the basket in hot soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing it with a non-abrasive brush or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry before storing. Some grill baskets are also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

3. Can I use my grill basket on any type of grill?

Yes, grill baskets can be used on a variety of grills including gas, charcoal, and electric. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and placement on your specific grill.

4. Do I need to use oil or cooking spray on my grill basket?

It is recommended to lightly coat your grill basket with oil or cooking spray before use to prevent food from sticking. You can also marinate your food before placing it in the basket for added flavor.

5. Are there any safety tips I should know when using a grill basket?

To ensure safe use of your grill basket, always wear heat-resistant gloves when handling it as it can get hot. Also, make sure to properly secure the handle and use tongs or a spatula to flip the food inside the basket. Never leave your grill basket unattended and always follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
  • kcjodih