• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making BBQ Chicken Fajitas: What's the Best Way?

In summary, the conversation discusses options for making chicken fajitas and BBQ chicken sandwiches for an upcoming party. The suggestion is to use BBQ sauce with a rub for the chicken, which can be cooked in the DCB for 8-10 minutes and then shredded and served on buns. Alternatively, the suggestion is to use a non-PC seasoning for the fajitas. The conversation also mentions using a seasoning packet to marinate the chicken for fajitas.
maddy123
I would love to make the chicken fajitas at my upcoming party but do not have the southwestern or chipolte seasonings, would this work with BBQ?
If not what would you suggest for chicken breasts and BBQ seasoning?
Maybe just on buns?

Make BBQ Chicken sandwiches! I just did this for dinner tonight LOL

Cook 3-4 chicken breasts in the DCB for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile mix up a tasty batch of BBQ sauce with our rub (it's 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp cider vinegar and 2 tbsp Smoky BBQ Rub - mix, bring to a boil, done). When the chicken is done cooking cut up (with Salad Choppers if you own them or just shred with forks, cut with Forged Cutlery, whatever!), mix in the BBQ sauce and scoop onto buns!

You could always do the fajitas just with non-PC seasoning, but try the BBQ sauce with our rub first - it's delicious!

thank you Michelle!
sounds delicious, I will definitely be doing this.

also, if you still wanted to do fajitas, just buy one of those seasoning packets and you can marinate the chicken breast and then add the onions and peppers to cook them like normal. I do it this way often and the flavor is great!!
Jen

MLinAZ said:
Make BBQ Chicken sandwiches! I just did this for dinner tonight LOL

Cook 3-4 chicken breasts in the DCB for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile mix up a tasty batch of BBQ sauce with our rub (it's 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp cider vinegar and 2 tbsp Smoky BBQ Rub - mix, bring to a boil, done). When the chicken is done cooking cut up (with Salad Choppers if you own them or just shred with forks, cut with Forged Cutlery, whatever!), mix in the BBQ sauce and scoop onto buns!

You could always do the fajitas just with non-PC seasoning, but try the BBQ sauce with our rub first - it's delicious!

When you say 3-4 breasts, do you mean 3-4 whole breasts??

No, just the half breasts...

Thank you Paula!!

1. How should I prepare the chicken for BBQ chicken fajitas?

The best way to prepare the chicken for BBQ chicken fajitas is to marinate it in a mixture of your favorite BBQ sauce, lime juice, and spices for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will infuse the chicken with flavor and help keep it moist while cooking.

2. Should I use boneless or bone-in chicken for BBQ chicken fajitas?

Either boneless or bone-in chicken can be used for BBQ chicken fajitas, but boneless chicken tends to cook more evenly and is easier to slice for fajitas. If using bone-in chicken, be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How long does it take to grill BBQ chicken fajitas?

The cooking time for BBQ chicken fajitas will vary depending on the heat of your grill and the thickness of the chicken. Generally, it takes about 4-5 minutes per side for boneless chicken and 6-7 minutes per side for bone-in chicken. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

4. Can I use a different type of meat for BBQ chicken fajitas?

Yes, you can use a variety of meats for BBQ chicken fajitas, such as steak, shrimp, or tofu. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and marinate the meat in BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes before grilling.

5. How should I serve BBQ chicken fajitas?

BBQ chicken fajitas are best served with warm tortillas, sliced bell peppers and onions, and your favorite toppings such as guacamole, salsa, and cheese. You can also serve them with rice and beans as a side dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jabis68