1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: BBQ chicken in DCB

1. maddy123

maddy123 Novice Member

I would love to make the chicken fajitas at my upcoming party but do not have the southwestern or chipolte seasonings, would this work with BBQ?
    If not what would you suggest for chicken breasts and BBQ seasoning?
    Maybe just on buns?

Sep 21, 2009
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

Make BBQ Chicken sandwiches! I just did this for dinner tonight LOL

Cook 3-4 chicken breasts in the DCB for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile mix up a tasty batch of BBQ sauce with our rub (it's 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp cider vinegar and 2 tbsp Smoky BBQ Rub - mix, bring to a boil, done). When the chicken is done cooking cut up (with Salad Choppers if you own them or just shred with forks, cut with Forged Cutlery, whatever!), mix in the BBQ sauce and scoop onto buns!

You could always do the fajitas just with non-PC seasoning, but try the BBQ sauce with our rub first - it's delicious!

Sep 22, 2009
  3. maddy123

maddy123 Novice Member

thank you Michelle!
    sounds delicious, I will definitely be doing this.

Sep 22, 2009
  4. jross93

jross93 Member

also, if you still wanted to do fajitas, just buy one of those seasoning packets and you can marinate the chicken breast and then add the onions and peppers to cook them like normal. I do it this way often and the flavor is great!!
    Jen

Sep 22, 2009
  5. When you say 3-4 breasts, do you mean 3-4 whole breasts??

Oct 13, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

No, just the half breasts...

Oct 14, 2009
  7. Thank you Paula!!

Oct 15, 2009
Have something to add?