• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Ideas for Guys: Simple Recipes for February Cooking

In summary, the Pampered Chef has some great suggestions for couples looking for recipes. There is a green chili frittata that is different but very good. There is also a skillet cookie that I have never heard of. The stir-fry demos are all great!
Princess_Buttercup
I am looking for simple ideas especially for the guys (many in this group don't cook). I have had some of the women at prior shows. It's in Feb so I am thinking cookware ideas but they have already seen the skillet cake. Isn't there a fritatta of some kind in the family skillet?

~Jenny

Princess_Buttercup said:
I am looking for simple ideas especially for the guys (many in this group don't cook). I have had some of the women at prior shows. It's in Feb so I am thinking cookware ideas but they have already seen the skillet cake. Isn't there a fritatta of some kind in the family skillet?~Jenny
If you'll do a search for Couples, and one for Sexes or Battle, you will find a lot of suggested recipes and planning ideas. I remember I used one that DebPC had posted wayyyyy back, probably 2004. Excellent suggestions provided.

I think you're thinking of the green chili fritatta. I've heard of it but have not made it myself. If you want the recipe I can get it off of another website and post it for you.

Skillet recipesI've done the green chilie frittata a few times and really love it. It's different but very good. Great mor brunch or dinner

Green Chile FrittataThe Pampered Chef ®
Green Chile Frittata
Recipe

3 cups yellow corn tortilla chips (about 40 chips), coarsely crushed
11/2 cups salsa verde (green salsa)
1/2 lime
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
12 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large poblano or green bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1 plum tomato, sliced
Additional snipped cilantro, salsa and sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tortilla chips in resealable plastic food storage bag; coarsely crush chips using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine crushed chips and salsa. Using Citrus Press, juice lime half into bowl; mix well using Classic Scraper and set aside.

Snip cilantro in Prep Bowl using Kitchen Shears. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine cilantro, eggs, milk and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Whisk until well blended using Stainless Whisk. Add tortilla chip mixture to egg mixture; mix well.

Chop onion using Food Chopper. Dice poblano pepper using Chef's Knife. Heat Family (12-in.) Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Spray skillet with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add onion, poblano pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; using Chef's Tongs, cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken; stir well. Pour egg mixture carefully over ingredients in skillet. (Do not stir.) Place into oven; bake 22-25 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Carefully remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack using Silicone Oven Mitts.

Slice tomato using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade. Arrange tomato slices in a circular pattern over top of frittata. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional snipped cilantro, if desired. Cut into wedges using Nylon Slice 'N Serve® and serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 235 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: For a meatless meal, simply omit the chicken.

Poblano peppers are dark green chiles with a rich flavor that ranges from mild to slightly spicy. In general, the darker the pepper, the stronger the flavor. Poblanos are about 2 1/2 inches wide and 4-5 inches long, forming a triangular shape.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

green salsa??I have not found green salsa. Is it really green or just called that? Any certain brand you have found?
Thanks,
Jenny

It really is greenGreen salsa should be located in your Mexican/Hispanic/Ethnic aisle at the store. My store has it right by the Pace Picante Sauce!

And yes you do need the green salsa!!

What about the skillet cookie? Or what about any of the stir-fry demos?? These are all great!

Last edited:
Skillet Cookie??I have never heard of this, anyone got a receipe?

~Jenny

1. What are some easy recipes for guys to make in February?

Some simple recipes for guys to make in February include chili, burgers, tacos, chicken Alfredo pasta, and grilled steak with roasted vegetables.

2. Are there any healthy options for guys to cook in February?

Yes, there are plenty of healthy options for guys to cook in February. Some ideas include chicken stir-fry, seafood paella, quinoa and vegetable bowls, and roasted salmon with veggies.

3. Can you recommend any recipes for a romantic dinner for two in February?

For a romantic dinner for two, some great recipes include filet mignon with red wine reduction, shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta, stuffed chicken breasts, and roasted pork tenderloin with a cranberry glaze.

4. Are there any vegetarian options for guys to cook in February?

Absolutely! Some delicious vegetarian options for guys to cook in February include vegetable lasagna, roasted vegetable and hummus wraps, spinach and mushroom quiche, and black bean and sweet potato tacos.

5. What are some easy dessert ideas for guys to make in February?

For a sweet treat, guys can make chocolate lava cakes, berry crumbles, homemade ice cream, fruit tarts, or chocolate-covered strawberries. These desserts are simple to make and perfect for February celebrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hselby87
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • RCKmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Buffysaurus
Replies