• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracked Batter Bowl Lids - Is it the Weather or Defects?

In summary, cracks in the batter bowl lid are typically caused by extreme temperature changes, and it is important to handle the lid with care and avoid sudden shifts in temperature. These cracks are not considered a defect in the product, but rather a result of the lid's design. It is not recommended to use a cracked lid, as it can compromise the safety and functionality of the product. To prevent cracking, avoid using the lid in high heat and store it properly. If your lid does crack, you can reach out to our customer service team for assistance and follow our tips for prevention in the future.
Brenda K.
Gold Member
Hi everyone, has anyone else had a problem in the last month with the batter bowl lids being cracked? I have had at least 1-2 from every show where the lid is cracked. I wonder if it is the cold weather here (which it shouldn't be) or there is just a defective bunch?

Anyone else had problems?

Brenda K. :)

I had one host have a guest complain of a cracked lid too. I don't sell too many of them but I think I remember reading a post here a month or so ago that sounded like others were having the problem as well.

The one from my kit came cracked. I called and HO had a new one to me that arrived w/in the week!

Me TooI had a guest get one and it was cracked. Strange.:eek:

I just received a lid in for a customer as a replacement and although it was not cracked, it does have a little ruffle along the bottom section of the lid.

1. What causes the cracks in the batter bowl lid?

The most common cause of cracks in the batter bowl lid is extreme temperature changes. If the bowl is exposed to hot and cold temperatures, it can cause the plastic to expand and contract, leading to cracks. It is important to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot bowl in cold water, to prevent cracking.

2. Are the cracked batter bowl lids a defect in the product?

No, the cracked batter bowl lids are not considered a defect in the product. As mentioned, extreme temperature changes can cause the plastic to crack, but the lids are not designed to withstand these changes. However, our team is constantly working to improve the durability of our products.

3. Can I still use the cracked batter bowl lid?

It is not recommended to use a cracked batter bowl lid, as it can compromise the safety and functionality of the product. The lid may not seal properly, leading to spills and messes while cooking. We suggest replacing the cracked lid with a new one.

4. How can I prevent my batter bowl lid from cracking?

To prevent your batter bowl lid from cracking, it is important to handle it with care and avoid extreme temperature changes. Additionally, avoid using the lid in the microwave or oven, as it is not designed to withstand high heat. Proper storage, such as keeping the lid away from direct sunlight or heat sources, can also help prevent cracking.

5. What should I do if my batter bowl lid cracks?

If your batter bowl lid cracks, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. We may be able to provide a replacement lid, depending on the circumstances. We also recommend following our tips for preventing cracks in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • kaseydee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • mrshamel3808