• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible title: Batter Bowl Gift Sets: A Hit at Vendor Events?

In summary, Becky is doing a vendor event in December and was wondering if it would be a good idea to make up some of those batter bowl gifts with ingredients in them as cash and carry items? If so what do she charge them? She charges them $15 for a gift set with ingredients and a bow.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi-
I am doing a vendor event in December and was wondering if it would be a good idea to make up some of those batter bowl gifts with ingredients in them as cash and carry items? If so what do I charge them? I figure if none of them sell I can always give them as gifts myself! Just and idea. Or what other things can I carry for people to buy that night and take home?? Ideas are helpful. ;)

thanks!

I think the batter bowls would be cute for an event like that. I would dress them up with a fancy ribbon and attach your info. to it somehow so the recipient/buyer can contact you, too. I would be careful with cash and carry with PC products, though. The only things I can think of would be small items like the whisks, spatulas, slice & serve, scrapers, maybe even the spices. I would hate for you to spend tons of money on bigger items and have no buyers. Good luck!

I think the Small Batter Bowl gifts are a good idea. It's hard to know how many you'd want to have on hand though. If you end up doing this, I'd maybe figure out how much you spend on ingredients all together, then divide it by the number of bowls you make. Since the bowls are $10 a piece already, you'd probably want to include a little tax and shipping in each price. I would think between $15 and $20. If you think people would pay closer to $20, I'd go with that since it'll also take you time to assemble all of them and decorate with nice ribbons. I think attaching your contact info is great. I don't know if you know this, but you can print up the little gift tags that you can attach to them at CC under the old Celebrations show section. Maybe this is where you can also include a little lable on the back with your contact information.

As for cash and carry items, I've only done the things you can order off of paperwork/supply because those were what I had on hand for door prize drawings for shows. I think scrapers and whisks are great ideas too. You don't want to spend too much money on stuff like that because you don't know if they'll sell. I may have a couple handouts that may be good to have on hand, like different gift ideas and stuff like that. I'll check my files.

Ok, I checked my files and found something I used last year and the year before. You may want to double check prices and availability since some may have changed since then. I also include these in the catalogs that I hand out at shows around the holidays. I guess I'd better update this and start using them this year!

I actually just made some batter bowl brownies sets for a craft fair last weekend. I sold them for $15...I only sold 2, but there really weren't a lot of people that even came to the event. The ingredients are a little expensive, because of the M&M's...
I did tie a big bow on top with some nice ribbon.

How do you make money off the cash and carry? Do you buy and submit a show for your products and resell?? and then just earn the host special, or do you buy products using our discount??

I"ve only done one event that I had cash and carry items. They happened to just be stuff I had on hand that I accumulated. I suppose you could submit a "show" order to replace whatever you sell, but I don't know how tricky that could get. Maybe others have some suggestions. I suppose you could just do a personal order and sell those. Since you technically won't earn commission on them, I suppose the profit you make since you purchase the products at your consultant discount would be one way to look at it.

Gift showI like Becky's ideas. Thanks for the download. I just had a host who wanted gift ideas. What I was planning on doing was going to the store and pricing out the ingredients to put into the batter bowl cookies and have a sample of it at the show. I am going to place an option to order the gifts with the cost of ingredients and bow. I am having the show shipped to my home so I can make the gift items and have them assembled for the guests with the gift tags.

I am hoping that this will help with holiday, anniversary, and bridal shows. Last year I had problems with people keeping there Nov. and Dec. shows. I think this custom ordering will help.

I am having a fair at the end of the month and hope these ideas help at that time too.

Good luck to everyone! ;)

1. What is included in the Batter Bowl Gift Set?

The Batter Bowl Gift Set includes a 2-quart batter bowl, a silicone scraper, and a stainless steel whisk.

2. Can I personalize the Batter Bowl Gift Set?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization for our Batter Bowl Gift Set. However, you can add your own personal touch by including a handwritten note or a special recipe.

3. Is the Batter Bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the Batter Bowl is microwave safe. It is made of durable stoneware that can withstand high temperatures.

4. What types of recipes can I make with the Batter Bowl Gift Set?

The Batter Bowl is great for making a variety of recipes such as pancakes, muffins, cakes, and even salads. You can also use it for mixing and storing ingredients for your favorite dishes.

5. Is the Batter Bowl Gift Set dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Batter Bowl, silicone scraper, and stainless steel whisk are all dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies