• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a "Spider" Cake in a Batter Bowl - Can It Go in the Oven?

In summary, for the "Spider" Cake in a Batter Bowl recipe, any type of cake mix can be used but a dense cake mix like pound cake or chocolate cake is recommended for best results. The batter bowl should be greased before baking and the cake should be checked for doneness after 45 minutes, with additional 5 minute increments if needed. It is also recommended to remove the cake from the batter bowl before decorating.
ashkay
I am wanting to make a "spider" cake for my halloween party. I read somewhere about making a cake in the batter bowl and attaching "legs" and "eyes". How do I make a cake in the batter bowl? I've never done that before - it can go in the oven?

the use and care card that came with the batter bowl tells you how to make a cake in the oven it is really easy. if you cant find the instructions i can post themn for you im just not near my recipes

Batter Bowl Cake InstructionsTo make any kind of cake in the batter bowl, here is the basic recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour Classic Batter Bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into batter bowl. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes-1 hour, 15 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 15 minutes. Run Large Spreader around outside of cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack, large end down. Cool 3 hours.

To turn it into an easter egg (or football) using Serrated Bread Knife, trim large end of cake to level. Cut down the center. Place large ends end to end.

Here is how to make a spider:

Spider (1) - Frost cake with black (use chocolate and tint black) or chocolate frosting – use chocolate sprinkles for “hair”. Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use gumdrops for eyes.

Spider #2- Frost one 1QT and one 2QT cakes black or chocolate. Place the cakes side by side (the 1QT cake is the head.) Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use 2 Lg. marshmallows for fun eyes with m & m pupils – or raisins stuck on toothpicks.

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for the "Spider" Cake in a Batter Bowl?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, it is recommended to use a dense cake mix, such as pound cake or chocolate cake, to ensure the cake holds its shape when flipped out of the batter bowl.

2. Do I need to grease the batter bowl before baking the "Spider" Cake?

Yes, it is important to lightly grease the batter bowl with cooking spray or butter before adding the cake batter. This will help the cake easily release from the bowl when inverted.

3. Can I use a different shaped bowl or pan to make the "Spider" Cake?

The "Spider" Cake is specifically designed to be made in the Pampered Chef Batter Bowl. Using a different shaped bowl or pan may result in a different outcome and may not hold its shape as well.

4. How long should I bake the "Spider" Cake in the oven?

The baking time for the "Spider" Cake will depend on the type of cake mix you use and your oven. It is recommended to start checking for doneness after 45 minutes and continue baking in 5 minute increments until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

5. Can I decorate the "Spider" Cake while it is still in the batter bowl?

It is recommended to remove the "Spider" Cake from the batter bowl before decorating to ensure an even surface for decorating. Allow the cake to cool completely before decorating with frosting and other decorations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies