• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Decorating a Batter Bowl Cake?

In summary, there are many ideas for cake decorating using the batter bowl and prep bowl set. Spider, Lady Bug, Bee Hive, and Mr. Potato Head are all cute and easy to make. Flower Pot is a great option for a more grown-up party. The volcano cake is a great idea for a special occasion.Thanks for sharing your ideas!
sOhSherri
My son has his Boy Scout Banquet tomorrow night. They are doing a Father/Son Cake decorating contest. Anyone have any ideas for decorating a cake using a Batter Bowl Cake?

Easter egg, baseball hat, football. barbie cake probably wouldn't be a big hit-haha.

How about cutting the cake to look like a tent. Cut from the top down the sides at angle. Color some icing a wonderful tent green color. Make a little campfire out of pretzels. You could do alot. Have fun.
Laura

Batter Bowl CakesBelow are some ideas that I have in a Word document, however the document was too large to attach.

Ant- Frost one 1QT and two 2QT cakes black or chocolate. Place them in a three section line (the 1QT cake is the head and the two 2QT cakes are the body. Use 6 pipe cleaners for legs and bend them into a "^" and push them into cake.

Spider (1) - Frost cake with black (use chocolate and tint black) or chocolate frosting – use chocolate sprinkles for “hair”. Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use gumdrops for eyes.

Spider #2- Frost one 1QT and one 2QT cakes black or chocolate. Place the cakes side by side (the 1QT cake is the head.) Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use 2 Lg. marshmallows for fun eyes with m & m pupils – or raisins stuck on toothpicks.

Lady Bug- Frost with red frosting. Add big black decorating gel spots (or mini-oreos). Black licorice antenna and gum drop eyes.

Beehive- Frost with yellow frosting in a circular fashion, to create the beehive look. Place sugar flowers at the base of hive. Make Peanut butter honeybees and place them around the hive. (Mix 1/2 c peanut butter, 2 T softened butter, 1/2 c confectioners sugar, 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs and shape into 1" ovals. Place on wax paper. Melt 1 oz semi sweet chocolate, place in sandwich bag and cut off tiny end of bag. Drizzle chocolate on ovals to make 3 stripes on each bee. Insert 2 almond slices into oval for bee wings.)

Mr. Potato Head- Frost the cake with light brown frosting (vanilla tinted with a little brown and orange). Stick Mr. Potato Head parts right in the cake!

Flower Pot - Frost with brown. Then make some rice krispie treats in the flower shaped bread tube (or just cut some out with cookie cutters). Place a gumdrop into the center of each with a toothpick. Place each "flower" on a long skewer (can wrap with green pipe cleaner first or dye green with green food coloring) and poke them in the top of the cake. Looks like a flower pot with flowers!! You could even add crushed cookies to look like dirt and gummy worms!

Volcano - Can be done on a sheet cake if you want to add plastic dinosaurs, trees and landscaping. Cut a v-shaped crevice out of the top 1/3 to 1/2 side of the cake. Use chocolate icing over all. But in the crevice and below it use red and yellow to represent the Lava Flow. In the top of the cake insert several of those long (6 inches or so) skinny candles you can find at the party stores. Insert all candles into the same spot so they are close together. When lit the candles make the volcano look like it's erupting.

Hope this helps. Sorry it is soo long!!!

WOW! Thanks Karen,
I'm also going to post this under product uses. Excellent!

Great BSA ideasHi all.....I just found this website while looking for PC party ideas. I am a new PC consultant and am excited about it. My son won 1st place in the Bear category this year for his cake (which he did all by himself). Can't wait for him to try one of these ideas next year....thanks :) . I just want to say also that he is 9 and loves cooking and using my PC products, he is my "business partner" and loves going to the mtgs. Who knows....maybe a future culinary expert..... ;) Later all and have a great day....thanks for listening !

Recently, I received an e-mail about a cake that was made with the batter bowl and the new prep bowl set and they made a paw print with light blue icing, like the ones on Blue's Clues! So Cute! My son is turning 2 this year and I plan on using this Idea for his party!

I would like som more info on the pawprint!! My youngest turns one in May

1. Can I use any type of cake mix in the batter bowl?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix in the batter bowl. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of cake mix used. It is recommended to follow the cooking instructions on the cake mix box and check the cake periodically for doneness.

2. How much batter should I put in the batter bowl for a cake variation?

The rule of thumb is to fill the batter bowl about half to two-thirds full with cake batter. This will give the cake room to rise while baking and prevent it from overflowing. It's always better to err on the side of caution and not overfill the bowl.

3. Can I add mix-ins or toppings to the batter bowl cake?

Yes, you can add mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to the batter before pouring it into the bowl. You can also add toppings like sprinkles or frosting after the cake has baked and cooled. Get creative and experiment with different combinations!

4. How long should I let the cake cool before removing it from the batter bowl?

It is recommended to let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove it from the batter bowl. This will allow the cake to set and make it easier to remove without breaking or crumbling. You can also run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it before flipping it onto a plate.

5. Can I make multiple batter bowl cake variations at once?

Yes, you can make multiple batter bowl cake variations at once by using multiple batter bowls or by baking them one after the other. Just make sure to clean and grease the batter bowl between each use. Remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly and keep an eye on each cake to prevent over or under baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • paydaymom