• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed - Baster Question from Recent Guest

was doing a second show that day. I usually tell them the name of the show, the city, and the approximate time. So they usually have a heads up.
janel kelly
I don't have the baster and I had a guest at my show yesterday ask me a question about the baster and I really can't remember her exact question. I think she was wondering if our baster sucks the juice back up into it whenever you squeeze it. I think she is looking for a baster that doesn't do that. I know nothing about basters and have actually never used one so any info about our baster would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think I am missing something. Isn't that the point of a baster, to sqeeze the bulb to suck the juice into it, and then you squeeze it again to release?

I know, I wish I could remember her exact question. I had another show right after that show so my brain was a little shot. Maybe if anyone could give me any info on what our baster is like and how great it is over other basters then I could relay that to the lady from my show. :rolleyes:

Maybe she means the bulb?Perhaps she's talking about the bulb of the baster. If you squeeze the bulb of any baster too hard, the juice will get sucked up into the bulb. You have to make sure you clean the bulb really well so that bacteria doesn't grow.

I use our baster, but not that often. I'm not sure why it's that much better than others except for the awesome cleaning brush.

Anyone else?

Diane

janel kelly said:
I know, I wish I could remember her exact question. I had another show right after that show so my brain was a little shot. Maybe if anyone could give me any info on what our baster is like and how great it is over other basters then I could relay that to the lady from my show. :rolleyes:
Kind of off topic, but you had two shows in one day? If so, how did it go? I'm doing that in February and I hope I don't kick myself for doing that. But I REALLY want to get tons of double points so I can earn the Atlantis trip! :D I don't know if I should try to do the same recipe at both shows and wash my stuff at the first host's home (usually I just come home and stick stuff in the dishwasher) and re-pack it and have it ready to go. I'd be curious to know how you did it. And anyone else who's done two shows in one day! :eek:

Well, I had a show scheduled for the morning and that was it. On Thursday driving to another show I had I got a call from a lady telling me her friend was having a show on Saturday and the consultant couldn't make it because of a death in the family. So she asked if I could do it. My show in the morning was at 10:30 and this other ladies show was at 1pm. Yikes! I told her I would do it but I would probably be at least a half hour late to her show and she said that was fine. She had family coming from out of town and didn't want to cancel. So I took some dishsoap to my first show and after the demo while the guests were talking and writing down their orders I washed my dishes. I also chose recipes that I could use the same dishes for both shows. Anyway I ended up only being about 5 minutes late to the 1pm show. It is a $700 show so far so well worth it. I also got 2 bookings. I don't normally do that and it was a little hectic but fun. :)

Two shows in one day
pamperedbecky said:
... you had two shows in one day? If so, how did it go? I'm doing that in February and I hope I don't kick myself for doing that...I don't know if I should try to do the same recipe at both shows and wash my stuff at the first host's home...I'd be curious to know how you did it. And anyone else who's done two shows in one day! :eek:
Yes Becky, I've done several 2-a-days. I do try to prepare the same recipe so that I don't have to pack quite as much. (I offer the one I want that I'm doing at the other, and then another that doesn't sound as appetizing (shhh). I have never ran late to my 2nd show, but I always allow a cushion. I schedule the first so that I'll be done by 3 pm, my next one to start at 6 pm (since I usually get there 30-45 minutes prior).
I've always mentioned to my first host that I have another show afterward and if they don't mind, could I wash my stuff up there so that I don't have to run home first. They've always allowed me to wash my stuff there. I use that time to visit with them more about the success of their show and the business opportunity.
I will say, I'm usually tired after my 2nd show - but it's worth it to have an extra weekend off for my kiddos.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to be as organized as possible and see how it goes! :D

This month I had 2 shows on one Saturday, and I will be doing it again this month, because they are 180 miles from home, in my hometown, so I need to squeeze them into my weekend. It went really well for me. This month, I have a brunch at 11 AM, and then a kitchen show in the evening. The key I think is to be very organized, and for me, make sure I pack everything, because there is no running home to pick it up. It is a good feeling at the end of the last show to know that you did 2 in one day, and it seems to really up your totals. If I can manage it, I think I may book it that way a couple times a month, it gives me more evenings home with my hubby during the week.

1. What is a baster and how do I use it?

A baster is a kitchen tool used for suctioning and releasing liquids, typically used for basting meats and other foods while cooking. To use a baster, simply squeeze the bulb to suction up liquid, then release the liquid over the food you are basting.

2. Can I use a baster for anything other than basting meats?

Yes, basters can also be used for removing excess fat from soups or gravies, and for injecting marinades or sauces into meats.

3. How do I clean my baster?

To clean your baster, disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water. Make sure to thoroughly rinse and dry before storing.

4. Can I use my baster in the oven?

Most basters are not designed to be used in the oven as they are made of plastic or silicone. It is best to use a heat-resistant basting brush or a turkey baster for oven use.

5. What is the best way to store my baster?

To prevent bacteria growth, it is important to thoroughly clean and dry your baster before storing it. It is best to store the baster with the bulb removed and the parts separated to allow for proper air flow and prevent mold growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies