• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Basmati Rice Cooker Plus: The Ultimate Microwave Rice Recipe Solution

In summary, the customer can cook any variety of rice in the rice cooker, but basmati is not possible to cook in the microwave. The customer has found a way to cook basmati rice using the stovetop and the big burlap bag of Basmati rice they have been buying at Sams.
Jillmami
So in the rice cooker plus you can ONLY do microwave recipe rices? A customer wants to do basmati rice. Not possible?

Thank you!!
Jill

I don't see a problem with doing basmati......though it's not one I've done in the RCP. So I'm not positive.

you can cook any variety of rice in the cooker...we do jasmine and basmati all the time.

A customer bought the rice cooker and wants to return it since the directions on it say to only use rice that have microwave directions. Hmm... how do you do basmati in the microwave? How much water/how many minutes?

I guess I should have her at least try to make it in the micro to see what happens.

I remember a while back there being a discussion....and the out come was ONLY use rice that has microwave instructions besides regular ones. the reason being that the rice can heat up too much and cause a fire-

I've cooked Jasmine rice in it. I don't see why basmati wouldn't work!

I only cook 'grains' in my RCP. As far as I know, none of the 'grains' I buy have microwave instructions which would be no different than a non-micro rice.

I have been buying the big burlap bag of Basmati rice at Sams since the rice cooker came out!! It is wonderful!!! My girls have even been known to cook some for a snack, (loaded of course with brown sugar)!!!

pjpamchef said:
I have been buying the big burlap bag of Basmati rice at Sams since the rice cooker came out!! It is wonderful!!! My girls have even been known to cook some for a snack, (loaded of course with brown sugar)!!!

Would you mind sharing how you prepare it so that I can pass that along to my host?

Thanks!!

Jillmami said:
Would you mind sharing how you prepare it so that I can pass that along to my host?

Thanks!!

I C rice, 2 C water; micro high 5 min, 50% for 15
Perfect every time!!!!

1. How much Basmati rice should I put in the rice cooker?

The general rule is to use 1 cup of Basmati rice for every 2 cups of water in the rice cooker. However, you can adjust the ratio based on your personal preference for the rice's texture.

2. Can I use the same measurement for both white and brown Basmati rice?

No, brown Basmati rice requires more water and a longer cooking time than white Basmati rice. Typically, you should use 2.5 cups of water for every 1 cup of brown Basmati rice.

3. How long does it take to cook Basmati rice in a rice cooker?

On average, Basmati rice takes about 20 minutes to cook in a rice cooker. However, this may vary depending on the brand and model of your rice cooker, so be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions.

4. Do I need to rinse Basmati rice before cooking it in a rice cooker?

It is recommended to rinse Basmati rice before cooking it in a rice cooker to remove any excess starch. This will help prevent the rice from becoming too sticky or clumpy.

5. Can I add any seasonings or spices to the Basmati rice in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can add seasonings or spices such as salt, pepper, garlic, or herbs to the Basmati rice before cooking it in the rice cooker. This will add flavor to the rice and enhance the overall dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • kkimpinski