• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Basmati in Rice Cooker

Jillmami

Oct 29, 2009
So in the rice cooker plus you can ONLY do microwave recipe rices? A customer wants to do basmati rice. Not possible?

Thank you!!
Jill

deanna_g

Feb 16, 2009
I don't see a problem with doing basmati......though it's not one I've done in the RCP. So I'm not positive.

JMT

Sep 2, 2008
you can cook any variety of rice in the cooker...we do jasmine and basmati all the time.

Jillmami

Oct 29, 2009
A customer bought the rice cooker and wants to return it since the directions on it say to only use rice that have microwave directions. Hmm... how do you do basmati in the microwave? How much water/how many minutes?

I guess I should have her at least try to make it in the micro to see what happens.

nancycookspc

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2008
I remember a while back there being a discussion....and the out come was ONLY use rice that has microwave instructions besides regular ones. the reason being that the rice can heat up too much and cause a fire-

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
I've cooked Jasmine rice in it. I don't see why basmati wouldn't work!

robochick84

Sep 3, 2009
I only cook 'grains' in my RCP. As far as I know, none of the 'grains' I buy have microwave instructions which would be no different than a non-micro rice.

pjpamchef

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2005
I have been buying the big burlap bag of Basmati rice at Sams since the rice cooker came out!! It is wonderful!!! My girls have even been known to cook some for a snack, (loaded of course with brown sugar)!!!

Jillmami

Oct 29, 2009
I have been buying the big burlap bag of Basmati rice at Sams since the rice cooker came out!! It is wonderful!!! My girls have even been known to cook some for a snack, (loaded of course with brown sugar)!!!

Would you mind sharing how you prepare it so that I can pass that along to my host?

Thanks!!

pjpamchef

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2005
Would you mind sharing how you prepare it so that I can pass that along to my host?

Thanks!!

I C rice, 2 C water; micro high 5 min, 50% for 15
Perfect every time!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tad
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views