• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple Stuffing Recipes: What Do You Use?

In summary, to make a simple stuffing you will need bread, onion, celery, butter, chicken broth, and various seasonings. Any type of bread can be used, but white or wheat bread, cornbread, or sourdough are commonly used. It is recommended to cook the vegetables first, but they can also be added raw. A vegetarian or vegan version can be made by using vegetable broth and plant-based butter. Some variations of simple stuffing recipes include adding dried fruit, nuts, sausage, or bacon, using different types of bread, and adding additional herbs and spices.
chefsteph07
does anyone have any good "basic" recipes for stuffing "without a lot of stuff in it"...I have a customer who just emailed me for a recipe for Thanksgiving and honestly, I use Stove Top, so I have no idea! What do you guys use for your stuffing? That's pretty basic?
Thanks!

Tell her to buy a box of Kellogg’s® Croutettes® Stuffing Mix and do the recipe on the box...it is basically stuffing with celery and a little onion, not a ton of extra junk...and easy and plain...

this is the recipe I use

1 pan of cornbread 9x13 (not Jiffy mix)
6 Biscuits

Crumble both

Add
1 lg onion diced
6-8 stocks of Celery diced
3 eggs
2-3 cups of Chicken Broth
Sage or Poultry seasoning to taste

Mix everything togeather, this should be about the consistancy of brownie mix. If you need moore liquid add chicken broth or canned milk. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hr. If the edgees are more brown than you like at about 45 minute cover and contunue baking.

HTH
Kathy

I honestly could not tell you how I make mine. I just do it! HA! Does that make sense?

It has corn bread, bread, green onions, celery, boild eggs and broth. I think that is all.

I make a rice stuffing. I LOVE it over the cornbread.

I mix wild rice and regular rice. I make it solely with Chicken broth for the flavor and color. Then I brown Sage saugsage, onions and celery. Mix the two together and DONE!! I have been known to eat this without baking it first. YUMMO!

What ingredients do I need to make a simple stuffing?

To make a simple stuffing, you will need bread, onion, celery, butter, chicken broth, and seasonings such as salt, pepper, and herbs.

Can I use any type of bread for stuffing?

You can use any type of bread for stuffing, but the most commonly used are white or wheat bread, cornbread, or sourdough.

Is it necessary to cook the vegetables before adding them to the stuffing?

It is recommended to cook the vegetables before adding them to the stuffing for better flavor and texture. However, you can also add them raw if you prefer.

Can I make a vegetarian or vegan version of stuffing?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian or vegan version of stuffing by using vegetable broth and substituting butter with a plant-based alternative.

What are some variations of simple stuffing recipes?

Some variations of simple stuffing recipes include adding dried fruit, nuts, sausage, or bacon for additional flavor and texture. You can also use different types of bread or add additional herbs and spices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedape
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • smile10308
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smile10308
Replies