• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Attending a Convention Worthwhile for a Newbie in Finances and PC?

In summary, the Furry Guiy and I talked about NC and whether it is worth the cost. He agreed that it is, but added that it's important to have a plan and to use what you learn. Amy said it's important to have a plan and to use what you learn, but also to be willing to go into debt for something if you can't afford it.
dkitten13
I am a newbie and really want to go to convention. I honestly ask how helpful you all find this. I am beyond underground in finances and will make money with PC (positive thoughts positive thoughts!) but should really be using to catch up on bills. However, if NC is going to assist me in exceeding further and reaching my goals it might be the right trade-off.

Any thoughts!

It is all what you take out of it! But yes I do believe that it is very helpful to your business. I believe any and all training we can get is helpful to us, no matter the cost. Last year I took a class about recruiting interviews and it changed my business. I went home and recruit 5 people in 2 1/2 months! You just never know what you will learn or who you will meet.

I think for new consultants who are seriously interested in making this a business it really gives you a better view of the big picture and all you can make this business be for you. Just the fact that you are so interested and said "reaching my goals" means that you are on the right track. If you feel it would be a benefit to you then go for it.

dkitten, last year at this time, I had all but given up on PC. But something happened in June to make me think about giving it another shot. (I was about 6 months away from giving it up completely and I did lose my career sales.)

On a whim, I went to NC, and let me tell you...it has made ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I cannot say enough good things about it.

Go. You won't regret it.

The Furry Guiy and I talked about this recently. He's a very frugal man, and he asked me if I thought NC made enough difference to offset the cost. I told him that those of us who go to NC tend to have the most consistent business success. I talked about the boost my sales usually get in the few months following NC. We talked about the things I learned that I couldn't necessarily get from the workshop notes. He agreed that it was worth the money.That said, only you can say whether it's a good idea in light of your finances. The year I had surgery and was out of commission for 2 solid months I didn't go to NC. It would have required us to incur debt for me to go, and we didn't see that as a good option. It's important for you to carefully examine your priorities and make the best choice for your circumstances.

I haven't been to conference yet (this will be my first year!), but just to give another thought- on Consultant's Corner, in the Online Training Center- under the "Resources", they will upload many of the workshops (hopefully all of them! since I can't go to them all :D) to listen to online or to download to your computer/I-pod, etc. I did this for dozens of workshops from the 2008 National Conference and Leadership Conference, as well as several from the 2009 Leadership Conference. I'll do it again for 2009 Nat'l Conf too...just to have them to listen to later when I need recharged, etc.I'm not one for going into debt for something if you can't afford it....so I thought I'd throw that option out there if you really needed it later. :D
And finding a roommate for the hotel would offset cost as well.Good luck though!

I went within a few months of starting when I first started PC and it really helped everything come together quickly for me. There is so much to digest in general and you want to get moving so quickly that for me, this was an excellent investment...I feel it would have taken me many months to get up to speed otherwise...YMMV

Wow, guys, you are awesome! Lots of good input and ideas. I plan on seeing how fantastic all my shows go for a month or so and how much airfare is...then decide if I can earn enough to go. If not, I love the idea of the downloads, etc...now if I could just find my MP3 player! ;)

keep in mind that going to conference and applying what you learned at conference are 2 different things. You can have all the knowledge in the world, but if you do not apply it and use it you will not see the benefits.
Personally, I think it is worth every penny.

That's such a good point, Amy. That's why I think it's so important to have a plan before you go. It's way too easy to get home, toss your notes into a file, and go back to doing things in exactly the same way you've been doing them. I generally set aside my first full day back to spend with The Furry Guy. The next two or three days are spent going over my notes. When I take notes I have cards where I write down the ideas that are "Wow! Do it now!" and "Great! Do it soon!" These are the ideas that I know I can implement with little preparation. I do whatever is necessary to make those changes during that second or third day. I look over the rest of my notes and write out a the things I want to try over the next several weeks. Some of these are things that will require the purchase or creation of things for implementation.

One thing I can say heret oo is that if you do well to bigin with, then consider it. You have to figure that registration is $200 and a room can be split but averages $182 a night from what I can see. I figure I need a $2500 month to have $600 put together. That's an average of 6 parties. If you think 6 parties is worth it, the by all means, go for it. I too did NC the first year I started and I came back with 3000 ideas to use. I implemented three I really liked and it change my business. I have done it ever since for the last 8 years - 2009 being #9 - No matter what my business staus is, I go. For me it is the kick in the pants I need ot keep going with my business. It is so important to me that I was actually quite sick last year and went anyway! Many of you remember the bandaid on my nose! I NEED to go. It keeps me focused and it actually gives me a sorly needed boost!
I LOVE IT!!!

1. What is the Basic Question?

The Basic Question is a simple and versatile tool used in Pampered Chef cooking demonstrations to engage and interact with the audience.

2. How do I use the Basic Question in my cooking demonstrations?

The Basic Question can be used in a variety of ways, such as asking the audience about their favorite kitchen tools or ingredients, prompting them to share their cooking experiences, or using it as a segue into showcasing a specific Pampered Chef product.

3. Can I customize the Basic Question for my specific audience?

Absolutely! The Basic Question is meant to be tailored to your audience's interests and needs. You can change the wording, topic, or even add in your own personal touch to make it more relevant to your audience.

4. Is the Basic Question only used for cooking demonstrations?

No, the Basic Question can also be used in other Pampered Chef events, such as virtual parties, workshops, or one-on-one consultations. It's a great way to break the ice and get the conversation going.

5. Can I use the Basic Question in my own cooking videos or social media posts?

Of course! The Basic Question is not limited to just Pampered Chef events. It can also be a fun and engaging way to interact with your own audience on social media or in your cooking videos. Just make sure to credit Pampered Chef for the idea!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies