• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the essential office supplies needed for a basic setup?

In summary, the person is looking for office supplies to start their business and asks for a list of essentials. They mention that you don't need a lot of frills to do PC, and that you can get business cards and other supplies cheaper from VistaPrint. They also mention that you can get a stamp and a folder for less than 10 cents each at Walgreens.
ChefRiGuy
Hey Everyone,

Since it has been a while I need a little help. I am pretty low on extra money right now (hence rejoining PC), but does anyone have a basic list of some of the essential office supplies I should get to start.

Stapler, Pens, Paper Clips, etc???? ;)

Stapler, pens, computer, printer, labels and I can usually get by! :)
...oops and whatever envelopes you use for host packets or to mail things.I don't think you need a lot of frills to do PC - really!

Cool yea that is the list I made and think what I used before. Is that company still around that does the business cards, ink address stamp, etc? It was like Town and Country or something like that?

Now it's Merrill. They have a link on Consultant's Corner.Keep it simple, and you won't spend more than you make!

Cool I JUST signed my agreement like an hour ago so don't quite have access to Consultants Corner yet, but will check Merril out. Any idea of the cost of business cards and the stamp?

They have a "super success kit" that comes with 500 cards, a stamp and a magnetic name badge for $42.00.If you don't care so much about having the logo, you can get business cards a LOT less expensively from VistaPrint.

chefann said:
They have a "super success kit" that comes with 500 cards, a stamp and a magnetic name badge for $42.00.

If you don't care so much about having the logo, you can get business cards a LOT less expensively from VistaPrint.

AND a stamp. I use VistaPrint for all of my marketing needs.

I HEART Vista Print!!!Print your Office Max perks card and take it to Office Max ... you can get a thing of 50 VERY SUBSTANTIAL magnets to put on the back of your biz cards, and labels to use for mailing purposes very cheap.I personally give two sheets of these labels with every host packet, one blank and one printed with the show info, to each host. I instruct her to fill out the blank labels with the addys of her guests, and affix the printed ones to the postcards to mail out.Folders and pens and such are VERY CHEAP this time of year.

Look for back to school sales. I use the portfolio type folders for host packets, any other time of year they are 50 cents a piece, I just got them for 15 cents.

They are 9 cents at Walgreens and have been for a while.

Di_Can_Cook said:
They are 9 cents at Walgreens and have been for a while.

Of course, everyone always gets a better deal than me. he he! :rolleyes:

chefann said:
If you don't care so much about having the logo, you can get business cards a LOT less expensively from VistaPrint.

Yeah, I just made some cool ones last night. They have a house with a chef's hat inside. They are blue, which I think makes them stand out. They are premium cards, so they were $3.99 for 250 of them. :thumbup::thumbup:

the necessities--pens, calculator, something to hold the money/checks at shows, envelopes of various sizes (#10 and catalog size), postage stamps, business cards, calendar/planner (you get one in your kit), separate checking accounthelpful--file folders, computer labels (I use the 30 to a sheet kind for almost everything, super cheap with the Office Max card), stamp with your info (for catalogs), binders, magnets for business cards

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I don't remember needing or having a separate checking account before...is it necessary? What is the PC debit card again and worth it? And how do you get the Office Max card again?

I love Dollar Tree for certain items. You can find printing labels there for really cheap.I am so happy that I have a different account, it would be very hard for me to keep my personal finances and my business separate. The debit card is hooked to your bank account and let's you purchase items for supply orders, etc.You can get the Office Max card on CC.

You do not need a separate one, but it's smart to have a separate account. I opened a savings acct for all my PC transactions. That way, your money isn't combined meaning less chances for mistakes.

The debit card is basically just PC's way of linking to the bank account of your choice. The card number issued can and will only be used to pay for the shows you submit. You deposit the cash and/or checks for the orders in your acct, and PC withdraws it from the acct you specified.

You will need to apply for one because after your 1st 60 days, they will only accept the PC debit card number for your shows.

Welcome and Much Success!

So I have a savings account and never use it (lol sad but no savings in it) I can link the PC card to that and use it as my business account?

I use an account that is barely active except for my PC biz. They won't let me use the real debit card for that account, which would get me points.But if I pay for every customer's order separately, they will let me use this or another debit card. It does get to be a bit of a pain, however. I only use my regular debit card for last-minute orders when I don't have time to go back to the bank to cover the deposit (even though PC takes forever to hit the debit cards, I take no chances) and then, I can't pay for things as a "consultant gift." They will also use your account to direct depost your checks if you so desire.

You could. I chose to open a separate checking account because then I can use the check card for that to buy my business supplies etc conveniently.

Di_Can_Cook said:
They will also use your account to direct depost your checks if you so desire.

And you should so desire, I think the fee for a paper check is now up to $4.

What are the basic office supplies needed for my Pampered Chef business?

The basic office supplies needed for your Pampered Chef business include a computer or laptop, printer, paper, pens, and a planner or organizational tool. These items will help you stay organized and efficient in running your business.

Do I need a specific type of computer or laptop for my Pampered Chef business?

No, you do not need a specific type of computer or laptop for your Pampered Chef business. As long as it has internet access and the necessary software, such as Microsoft Office, you can use any computer or laptop that you are comfortable with.

How much paper should I have on hand for my Pampered Chef business?

It is recommended to have at least a ream of printer paper on hand for your Pampered Chef business. This will ensure that you have enough for printing documents, order forms, and other necessary paperwork.

What types of pens should I have for my Pampered Chef business?

It is helpful to have a variety of pens on hand for your Pampered Chef business. This includes black and blue ink pens for filling out paperwork and taking notes, as well as colorful pens for organizing and highlighting important information.

Is a planner or organizational tool necessary for my Pampered Chef business?

While not required, a planner or organizational tool can greatly benefit your Pampered Chef business. It can help you keep track of appointments, deadlines, and important tasks, as well as stay on top of your business goals and objectives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jtjacaldwell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PChefPEI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies