• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking the Perfect Barbie Cake: Oven or Bowl?

In summary, the Stoneware baking bowl isn't really for cake. And although it might work, it would be HUGE!! Use the Classic Batter Bowl.
Tig
Hi guys,

Im thinking of making a barbie cake for my daughters birthday. Do you think it would turn out better in the oven with the stoneware baking bowl, or the classic batter bowl?

Classic Batter bowl! There is a cake/baking thread somewhere on here from about a month ago- let me see if I can find it...

The Stoneware baking bowl isn't really for cake. And although it might work, it would be HUGE!! Use the Classic Batter Bowl.

Kitchen Diva said:
I would think that the info from either of these threads would be more than helpful for you. Good luck, let me know if they helped! :)

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/baking-today-25789/

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/cake-makers-unite-i-need-some-advice-36628/

Thank you!!!!!! Im going to be going through those replies when dh gets home from work!! I skimmed it and looks like theres some great tips!

And Ill go with the batterbowl. I saw the stone in my outlet and wasnt sure how big it really was

I made the Barbie cake using the batter bowl for a shower last weekend and it turned out great so I definitely agree with using that. Good luck!

How long did you all bake the cake for? I'd hate for it not to be ready in the middle...

Tig said:
How long did you all bake the cake for? I'd hate for it not to be ready in the middle...
I have seent hat info somewhere and I need to know too. I do remember that you bake at a lower temp and for a longer time.

Also, on the barbie cake - are you using a real barbie or the pick (no legs)? If you are using a real barbie, I've heard that her legs are too long and you need to bake an 8" cake to set the batter bowl cake on so she won't be out of proportion and so you don't have to break her legs.

Yes, definately get the barbie torso on the stick....when I made one a couple years ago I forgot to get one, so I used one of my girls' barbies. Worked okay, but the cake cracked a bit due to the big legs, & I had to use extra frosting to make more dress since the cake hit barbie just below "her business". (if you know what I mean, LOL!)
I can't remember the amount of time....anyone have their 'celebrate' cookbook handy?

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for the Barbie cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the Barbie cake. However, we recommend using a dense cake mix, such as pound cake or devil's food cake, to ensure the cake can hold the weight of the Barbie doll.

2. Do I need a special pan to make a Barbie cake?

No, you do not need a special pan to make a Barbie cake. You can use a regular oven-safe bowl or a round cake pan to create the shape.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to properly grease the pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for extra insurance.

4. Can I use a frozen Barbie doll for the cake?

No, we do not recommend using a frozen Barbie doll for the cake. The frozen doll can cause the cake to become soggy and the frosting to melt. It is best to use a room temperature Barbie doll.

5. How long should I bake the Barbie cake?

The baking time for a Barbie cake will depend on the size and type of pan you are using. We recommend following the baking instructions on the cake mix box and checking the cake for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center. The toothpick should come out clean when the cake is fully baked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen