• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom and Daughter's Sweet 6th B-Day: Ideas for a 'Barbie' Cake!

In summary, the conversation discussed a customer's experience with making a Barbie cake using the Pampered Chef Urban Legend. It was also mentioned that the Barbie cake can be found in the Celebrate or All the Best cookbook. Another person shared their experience making a Barbie cake using the EAC and mini-fluted pans, along with different colored icings and decorations. They also mentioned using the easy accent decorator and taking individual pictures of each child with their own decorated cake. The overall response was positive and the idea was suggested as a potential theme show.
Lauralea
I'm new to PC and also new to this site. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! My daughter's 6th birthday is coming up soon and I would like some ideas for the 'Barbie' cake using the classic batter bowl. Anyone have any ideas? I also think this would be a great theme show. Maybe a mother/daughter dessert and tea show. :)

I have never made one- but I do like to share this Pampered Chef Urban Legend.
A customer called her Pampered Chef consultant to complain about the Barrbie cake she had just made. The consultant was surprised and asked what went wrong. The customer replied, "The Barbie Melted!"
This always gets a laugh.

Either Celebrate or All the Best cookbook has the directions.

Barbie CakeI made the Barbie Cake for my daughter's second birthday. I was really proud of the way it cam out!! I used the EAC which made decorating it a breeze. I used the silver and colored non-perils in on the dress to give it a little extra "sparkle" after I had decorated it. It turned out beautiful!!

Birthday ideaMy daughter celebrated her 7th birthday last weekend. I used the mini-fluted pans and made 12 mini cakes. I had them stacked on my large square Simple Additions. I bought 2 white icings and 1 chocolate icings. I used the new prep bowls and mixed food coloring to make different colors; put the lids back on and had them stacked on my cooling rack along with bottles of sprinkles. I took my small SA caddy & bowls and placed hard candy in one, starbursts in the other.
The kids took the baker's roller and rolled out the starbursts, used the creative cutters set to cut designs in their starburst, ate the excess and decorated the top of their iced cakes. I decided against pulling out the easy accent decorator.
I took individual pictures of each child with their own decorated cake. (If I ever find the cord to my digital camera, I plan to download them and give to each parent).
The kids had a BLAST! And, surprisingly it was not that messy.

What are some ideas for a "Barbie" themed cake for a mom and daughter's sweet 6th birthday?

1. Can I make a Barbie doll cake for this occasion?

Yes, a Barbie doll cake is a popular choice for a "Barbie" themed birthday. You can use a special cake pan designed to look like a Barbie dress or create your own using a round cake and a real Barbie doll.

2. What are some other options for a "Barbie" themed cake?

Other ideas for a "Barbie" themed cake include a tiered cake decorated with fondant or buttercream in different shades of pink, a sheet cake with a Barbie silhouette made out of fondant, or a cupcake tower decorated with Barbie doll picks.

3. Can I use a store-bought cake mix for the "Barbie" cake?

Yes, you can use a store-bought cake mix for convenience. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully and use the appropriate size pan for the desired cake shape. You can also add a few drops of food coloring to achieve a pink or pastel color for the cake.

4. What flavors are recommended for a "Barbie" themed cake?

Since it is a sweet 6th birthday, flavors like vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate are popular choices for a "Barbie" themed cake. You can also opt for a funfetti or confetti cake mix to add some color and fun to the cake.

5. How can I decorate the "Barbie" cake to make it look like a dress?

To make a Barbie doll cake, you can use a special cake pan designed to look like a dress or create your own using a round cake and a real Barbie doll. You can also decorate the cake with fondant or buttercream to create ruffles, bows, and other dress-like details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tig
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Jessamary
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jessamary
  • kimdeb