• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoiding Barbecue Turner Disasters: Tips for Maintaining Your Grilling Tools

R
RachelNguyen
My friend was given a Barbeque turner as a gift from her mom and the first time she went to use it, it was all rusted and pitted. I was stunned when she told me this, as I was sure it was made of stainless. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Thanks,
Rachel

as a matter of fact...my husband just got one about a month ago and it already started to rust, we are waiting for his new one to arrive, but I have a feeling it will do the same...not real thrilled about it :eek:

We have had the barbecue turner since it came out and use it all the time. He even leaves it out in the rain (A LOT! :mad: ). We have not seen a drop of rust - looks like we just got it.

Maybe it was a defective batch of turners? Kitchencop, your new one should be fine! And Rachel, call PC and they will replace it for you!

I too have owned mine for what seems like forever. It has also been "abused" like Beth's. :) Not a speck of rust to be found. I have purchased 5 for my sons and brothers as gifts, who live from one end of the US to the other, and they have had no rust problem either.

Lee Anne

chef_leeanne said:
I too have owned mine for what seems like forever. It has also been "abused" like Beth's. :) Not a speck of rust to be found. I have purchased 5 for my sons and brothers as gifts, who live from one end of the US to the other, and they have had no rust problem either.

Lee Anne
Oh, yeah! I too have purchased them as gifts for all the men in the family and no one has had a problem with theirs either so like I said - maybe there was a bad batch? :rolleyes:

1. Why did my barbecue turner rust and pit so quickly?

It is possible that the barbecue turner was not made of stainless steel, or that it was made of a lower grade of stainless steel. It is also possible that the turner was not properly cleaned and dried after each use, allowing moisture to build up and cause rusting.

2. How can I prevent my barbecue turner from rusting and pitting?

The best way to prevent rust and pitting is to make sure your turner is made of high-quality stainless steel and to clean and dry it thoroughly after each use. You can also consider using a protective cover or storing it in a dry place to prevent moisture buildup.

3. Can I still use my rusted and pitted barbecue turner?

If the rust and pitting is minimal, you can still use the turner. However, it is not recommended as the rust can transfer onto your food and potentially cause health issues. It is best to replace the turner with a new one.

4. Should I oil my barbecue turner to prevent rust?

Oiling your barbecue turner may help prevent rust, but it is not a foolproof method. It is still important to properly clean and dry the turner after each use. Additionally, make sure to use a food-safe oil and avoid using too much, as it can become sticky and attract dirt and debris.

5. Are there any other maintenance tips for my barbecue turner?

Aside from regular cleaning and drying, you can also periodically check for any loose or damaged parts and replace them as needed. It is also important to use the turner only for its intended purpose, as excessive force or using it on high heat can cause damage. Lastly, store the turner in a cool, dry place to prevent any potential damage from extreme temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • patty42240
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • DebPC