• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbecue Beef Brisket Recipe from Stoneware Cookbook: Sharing the Love!

In summary, Diane shared that she had made the "Barbecue Beef Brisket" recipe from the Stoneware cookbook and that it was delicious. She also said she would type it up herself soon and that her 5 and 7 year olds were gobbling it up. She mentioned that she would like to have the recipe so she can make it again.
its_me_susan
Does anyone have the "Barbecue Beef Brisket" recipe from page 41 of the Stoneware cookbook printed out?

My kids and family loved this (used my new rectangular baker LID yesterday!!!) and I wanted to share the recipe with others - just haven't been able to find it "already typed out" anywhere, so I thought I'd ask.

:)

OH MY GOODNESS! Left over BBQ beef brisket (pg 41) leftovers are to DIE for shredded up on roll the next day ~ with VERY minimal work! I will be making this again and again. My 5 & 7 year old are gibbling it up!

I'll type it up myself soon ~ will need to make again!

When you get it, hook me up!! That sounds awesome!! You are making my tummy growl!!!

Here ya go...This is one of the first recipes I made from this cookbook. YUM!

Barbecue Beef Brisket (Stoneware Inspirations, pg. 41)

1 beef brisket (5-6 lb)
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 1/2 c ketchup
1/3 c cider vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
2 T yellow mustard
2 large onions, sliced

1. Preheat oven to 350. Trim excess fat from brisket and place fat side up in Rectangular Baker. Press garlic over brisket using Garlic Press, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
  2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour over brisket.
  3. Slice onions using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade. Arrange onions over brisket. Cover baker with Rectangular Lid/Bowl or aluminum foil. Bake brisket 2 hours, 30 min to 3 hours or until fork-tender. Carefully remove lid/bowl, lifting away from you. Remove onions and brisket to Reversible Bamboo Cutting Board; let stand 10 minutes. Pour pan juices into Easy Read Measuring Cup; skim off fat from pan juices. Reserve 1 cup pan juices.
  4. Slice brisket thinly across the grain (the direction the meat fibers are running) using Carving Knife. Wrap and refrigerate half of the onions (about 1 cup), half of the meat (about 24-32 oz) and all remaining pan juices, to be used separately for Barbecue Beef & Peppers Sub and Quick Barbecue Beef Stew.
  5. Place remaining meat and onions on serving platter. Serve with 1 cup reserved pan juices.
Yield: 6-8 servings

HTH,
Diane

dianevill said:
This is one of the first recipes I made from this cookbook. YUM!

Barbecue Beef Brisket (Stoneware Inspirations, pg. 41)

1 beef brisket (5-6 lb)
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 1/2 c ketchup
1/3 c cider vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
2 T yellow mustard
2 large onions, sliced

1. Preheat oven to 350. Trim excess fat from brisket and place fat side up in Rectangular Baker. Press garlic over brisket using Garlic Press, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
  2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour over brisket.
  3. Slice onions using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade. Arrange onions over brisket. Cover baker with Rectangular Lid/Bowl or aluminum foil. Bake brisket 2 hours, 30 min to 3 hours or until fork-tender. Carefully remove lid/bowl, lifting away from you. Remove onions and brisket to Reversible Bamboo Cutting Board; let stand 10 minutes. Pour pan juices into Easy Read Measuring Cup; skim off fat from pan juices. Reserve 1 cup pan juices.
  4. Slice brisket thinly across the grain (the direction the meat fibers are running) using Carving Knife. Wrap and refrigerate half of the onions (about 1 cup), half of the meat (about 24-32 oz) and all remaining pan juices, to be used separately for Barbecue Beef & Peppers Sub and Quick Barbecue Beef Stew.
  5. Place remaining meat and onions on serving platter. Serve with 1 cup reserved pan juices.
Yield: 6-8 servings

HTH,
Diane

THANK YOU Diane!!!!

1. How long does it take to cook the barbecue beef brisket in the Stoneware Cookbook recipe?

The barbecue beef brisket recipe from the Stoneware Cookbook recommends cooking the brisket for 4-5 hours at 300°F in the oven.

2. Can I use a different cut of beef for this recipe?

While the recipe specifically calls for beef brisket, you can experiment with using other cuts of beef such as chuck roast or bottom round roast. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the cut of meat used.

3. Do I need to marinate the brisket before cooking?

No, marinating the brisket is not necessary for this recipe. The barbecue sauce and seasonings used in the recipe will provide plenty of flavor to the meat.

4. Can I cook the brisket in a slow cooker instead of the oven?

Yes, you can cook the brisket in a slow cooker instead of the oven. Follow the same steps for seasoning and placing the brisket in the stoneware, then cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.

5. What should I serve with the barbecue beef brisket?

The Stoneware Cookbook suggests serving the brisket with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable, such as green beans or broccoli. You can also serve it with a side of coleslaw or corn on the cob for a complete barbecue meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies