• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Bar Pan the Best Choice for Making Chocolate Toffee Covered Matzoh?

,they taste similar, but the matzohs are sooooo much quicker to load! lol. I like it best with dark chocolate chips. I use a little more chocolate than is called for. VERY delicious!I use butterscotch chips alone or with semi-sweet chips--awesome!
its_me_susan
I plan to make my famous chocolate toffee covered matzoh soon... I usually use a cookie sheet. Can I use the bar pan? What would you all suggest?

Here's the recipe & it's sister soda cracker recipe

Attachments

• Caramel Matzoh Crunch.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 354
After reading it, I would say just skip the foil under the parchment paper. It should work the same as it would on a metal cookie sheet. I have never actually had this, but I bet it's awesome on a stone!!

I make microwave peanut brittle all the time and pour the hot brittle on a parchment lined bar pan. Comes out great every time. The concept is basically same - I agree with stephanie, skip the foil under the parchment. Let us know how it comes out.

And...thanks for sharing your "famous" :) recipe!!

Lee Anne

chef_leeanne said:
I make microwave peanut brittle all the time and pour the hot brittle on a parchment lined bar pan. Comes out great every time. The concept is basically same - I agree with stephanie, skip the foil under the parchment. Let us know how it comes out.

And...thanks for sharing your "famous" :) recipe!!

Lee Anne

thanks ladies! Lee Anee, you've posted the brittle recipe right (I just need to look it up)?

Hi Susan,

I have made that recipe with saltines. (not kosher that way, but darn delicious! and I love the combination of the salt with the sweet.) I think I will try it with Matzos next time... it sounds incredible!

I agree that parchment alone would probably work fine... because if any of the sugar stuck to the stone it would be easy to get it off with hot water and a scraper.

Let us know how you make out with it!

RachelNguyen said:
Hi Susan,

I have made that recipe with saltines. (not kosher that way, but darn delicious! and I love the combination of the salt with the sweet.) I think I will try it with Matzos next time... it sounds incredible!

I agree that parchment alone would probably work fine... because if any of the sugar stuck to the stone it would be easy to get it off with hot water and a scraper.

Let us know how you make out with it!

They taste similar, but the matzohs are sooooo much quicker to load! lol. I like it best with dark chocolate chips. I use a little more chocolate than is called for. VERY delicious!

I use butterscotch chips alone or with semi-sweet chips--awesome!

Jodi

:

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely say that the Bar Pan would be a great choice for making your chocolate toffee covered matzoh. It's the perfect size and shape for this type of treat, and the non-stick surface will make clean up a breeze. Plus, the handles make it easy to transfer the pan in and out of the oven. I highly recommend giving it a try! And thank you for sharing your recipe - it sounds delicious! Happy cooking!

1. Can I use the bar pan to make toffee candy?

Yes, the bar pan is safe to use for making toffee candy. It is designed to withstand high temperatures and is made of durable materials that can handle the heat of candy making.

2. Do I need to grease the bar pan before making toffee candy?

It is recommended to lightly grease the bar pan before making toffee candy to prevent the candy from sticking to the pan. You can use a non-stick cooking spray or lightly coat the pan with butter or oil.

3. How do I clean the bar pan after making toffee candy?

Clean the bar pan with hot soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they may damage the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn residue or stains, soak the pan in hot water before washing.

4. Can I use the bar pan to bake other sweets besides toffee candy?

Yes, the bar pan can be used for baking a variety of sweets such as brownies, cookie bars, and even cakes. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

5. Is the bar pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the bar pan is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to wash it by hand to prolong its lifespan and maintain its non-stick properties. Avoid using metal utensils on the pan, as they may scratch the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies