• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bar Pan ok for Toffee candy?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
I plan to make my famous chocolate toffee covered matzoh soon... I usually use a cookie sheet. Can I use the bar pan? What would you all suggest?

Here's the recipe & it's sister soda cracker recipe

Attachments

• Caramel Matzoh Crunch.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 265

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
After reading it, I would say just skip the foil under the parchment paper. It should work the same as it would on a metal cookie sheet. I have never actually had this, but I bet it's awesome on a stone!!

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
I make microwave peanut brittle all the time and pour the hot brittle on a parchment lined bar pan. Comes out great every time. The concept is basically same - I agree with stephanie, skip the foil under the parchment. Let us know how it comes out.

And...thanks for sharing your "famous" :) recipe!!

Lee Anne

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
chef_leeanne said:
I make microwave peanut brittle all the time and pour the hot brittle on a parchment lined bar pan. Comes out great every time. The concept is basically same - I agree with stephanie, skip the foil under the parchment. Let us know how it comes out.

And...thanks for sharing your "famous" :) recipe!!

Lee Anne

thanks ladies! Lee Anee, you've posted the brittle recipe right (I just need to look it up)?

R

RachelNguyen

Hi Susan,

I have made that recipe with saltines. (not kosher that way, but darn delicious! and I love the combination of the salt with the sweet.) I think I will try it with Matzos next time... it sounds incredible!

I agree that parchment alone would probably work fine... because if any of the sugar stuck to the stone it would be easy to get it off with hot water and a scraper.

Let us know how you make out with it!

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
RachelNguyen said:
Hi Susan,

I have made that recipe with saltines. (not kosher that way, but darn delicious! and I love the combination of the salt with the sweet.) I think I will try it with Matzos next time... it sounds incredible!

I agree that parchment alone would probably work fine... because if any of the sugar stuck to the stone it would be easy to get it off with hot water and a scraper.

Let us know how you make out with it!

They taste similar, but the matzohs are sooooo much quicker to load! lol. I like it best with dark chocolate chips. I use a little more chocolate than is called for. VERY delicious!