• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Essential Barware for a Home Bar: What to Buy & Demo Ideas!

In summary, the bar host suggests helpful items for a bar, including the carafe (doubt it), mini tart shaper, zester, strainer, funnels, mini-whipper, easy read measuring cup, can strainer, and woven selection. Suggestions also include the wine bottle opener, cherry pitter, cheese knife, and stainless cheese set.
chefmelody
I have a host next weekend who has told me that she's interested in purchasing more items for her home bar. I've already mentioned the bar boards, the citrus press, and the can/jar/bottle openers. Does anyone else have any suggestions for helpful items for a bar? I don't have a bar myself, and rarely make mixed drinks, so it's difficult for me to think of any.

She's having a chocolate show and serving alcohol at the party too, so I'd like to be able to demo some of the products with the drinks as well!

quick stir pitchures for mixing... maybe the carafe (doubt it)? mini tart shaper (for smushing those cherries for drinks) Ultimate Slice and grate for those perfect lemon,lime or orange slices. The zester (some drink call for that as garnish) the corer for those strawberries on top of drinks. Funnels.. towels, mini-whipper, the easy read measuring cup (use as a jigger) can strainer... gosh that is all I can think of off the top of my head, can you tell I used to bartend? Now I wanna mix myself a drink!!

What about some of the Chillzanne pieces for keeping cherries, lemon, lime, etc in? The kebab thingys would make cute stirrers. and of course the quickstir pitcher for when she is having a party can save time and make a signature drink in a huge quantity. and the SA pieces would be cute... the small bowl caddy could also be used for lemons/limes or nuts and pretzels. The woven selection could be used as a tray to hold some of her accessories. That's all I can think of at the moment, as I am half asleep, but I wish you luck and hope it goes over well!

What about the wine bottle opener??

Lisa

and the cherry pitter to do those olives!

Measure Mix & PourMeasure Mix & Pour for making individual specialty drinks (have a customer who uses this just for that purpose).

I second the Measure Mix N Pour...makes fabulous martinis! The SA small square makes a great place to put sugar or salt to rim the glasses, too! Use another SA square for already cut up lemons, limes, etc...
Don't forget to serve all your munchies on Simple Additions or in the Woven Selections or the stoneware or any combination thereof!
The cheese knife or the stainless cheese set would go fabulously for the wine and cheese lovers!

Hi there! It's great to hear that you have a host who is interested in expanding her home bar collection. In addition to the items you mentioned, here are a few other suggestions that could be helpful for a bar:1. Cocktail shaker: This is a must-have for making mixed drinks. Our shaker is designed with a leak-proof seal and a built-in strainer, making it easy to mix and pour drinks without any mess.2. Ice bucket and tongs: Keep your drinks chilled with a stylish ice bucket and tongs. Our ice bucket also includes a lid to prevent melting and a handy scoop for easy serving.3. Muddler: Perfect for crushing herbs, fruits, and spices to add flavor to cocktails. Our muddler has a comfortable grip and a textured base for better muddling.4. Jigger: This essential tool helps you measure out the perfect amount of ingredients for your drinks. Our jigger has clear markings for different measurements and is made of durable stainless steel.For your chocolate show, here are a few ideas for demos with our products:1. Use the citrus press to make fresh lemon or lime juice for a chocolate margarita.2. The can opener can be used to open a can of sweetened condensed milk for homemade chocolate truffles.3. Show off the versatility of our bar boards by using them to chop up garnishes for your drinks, such as chocolate shavings or citrus slices.I hope these suggestions are helpful for your upcoming party. Let me know if you have any other questions or need more ideas. Happy hosting!

1. What are the essential barware items for a home bar?

The essential barware items for a home bar include a cocktail shaker, jigger, muddler, strainer, and bar spoon. These tools will allow you to make a variety of cocktails and mixed drinks.

2. Do I need to buy expensive barware for my home bar?

No, you do not need to buy expensive barware for your home bar. There are many affordable options available that still provide good quality and functionality.

3. What are some demo ideas for using barware at a Pampered Chef party?

Some demo ideas for using barware at a Pampered Chef party include making a signature cocktail using the cocktail shaker, demonstrating how to properly measure ingredients with the jigger, and showing how to muddle herbs and fruits with the muddler.

4. Can I use regular kitchen tools as barware?

Yes, you can use regular kitchen tools as barware if you do not have specific barware items. For example, a mason jar can be used as a shaker and a wooden spoon can be used as a muddler. However, using specialized barware can enhance the overall experience and make it easier to create cocktails.

5. What is the best way to clean and care for barware?

The best way to clean and care for barware is to wash it by hand with warm water and soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or putting barware in the dishwasher, as this can damage the items. Make sure to dry the barware thoroughly before storing it in a cool and dry place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD