• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Tips for Bar Boards That Won't Come Out

In summary, the best way to clean a bar board is to wash it with hot, soapy water and scrub away any food particles. For stubborn stains, a paste of baking soda and water can be used. It is not recommended to put the bar board in the dishwasher. To sanitize the board, a solution of bleach and water can be used. To prevent odors, rubbing with lemon or lime, sprinkling with baking soda, and ensuring complete drying after use can be helpful.
Shannen
I thought the bar boards weren't supposed to stain, but the middle of mine is a beige-ish color that I can't get out. I've tried using hand dish soap before putting it in the dish washer and scrubbing it, but nothing is working. Tips?

Shannen said:
I thought the bar boards weren't supposed to stain, but the middle of mine is a beige-ish color that I can't get out. I've tried using hand dish soap before putting it in the dish washer and scrubbing it, but nothing is working. Tips?

Baking soda paste, and let it soak, or a bleach solution.

I've never heard that they aren't supposed to stain....

I use soft scrub with bleach on all my cutting boards.

Also the Mr. Clean magic eraser works well.

I just make sure to rinse my board after use and make sure it hits hot water first...before cold water. I never use chemical on my boards.

They're stain-resistant but not stain-proof. A paste of lemon and baking soda usually works well for me.

You can rub lemon juice on it and leave it in the sun for a day or two. I did this with a white tupperware bowl that had been stained with something, I don't even know what, and it worked like a charm. I think that is what tupperware used to recommend, but it has been forever since I bought anything from them!!

Thanks! I'll try the lemon and baking soda and try to sun it if that doesn't work (hopefully a bird doesn't poop on it... they tend to like my patio, hehehe). I'm hesitant to use chemicals, personally. :)

What is the best way to clean a bar board?

The best way to clean a bar board is to first wash it with hot, soapy water. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub away any food particles. Rinse the board thoroughly with warm water and dry it with a clean cloth.

How do I remove stubborn stains from my bar board?

If your bar board has stubborn stains, you can try using a paste made of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stained areas and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it off with a sponge or brush. Rinse the board thoroughly and dry it before using it again.

Can I put my bar board in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your bar board in the dishwasher as it can cause warping or cracking. It is best to hand wash your bar board with hot, soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing.

What is the best way to sanitize a bar board?

The most effective way to sanitize a bar board is to use a solution of 1 tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water. Soak the board in the solution for a few minutes, then rinse it with water and dry it with a clean cloth. Be sure to use caution when handling bleach and always follow the instructions on the label.

How can I prevent odors on my bar board?

To prevent odors on your bar board, try rubbing it with a lemon or lime wedge and then rinsing it with water. You can also sprinkle some baking soda on the board and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing and drying. Additionally, make sure to dry your bar board completely after each use to prevent moisture buildup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovescooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
ParishKitchen
  • DeeDee616
  • Products and Tips
Replies