1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Banquets Info??

1. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

When do we start finding out information for our Executive Director Banquets?
    I fall under Home Office Direct, and if I remember correctly from last year, we were the last to know any details. I was just wondering if anyone else has started to receive information.
    *It's a silly reason, but I need to know what I'm going to wear!!!

Jun 8, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Timeliness of the info depends on your Exec or whoever is organizing events/theme for your banquet. If I were you, I'd just plan to wear regular clothes. But then, I think the themes are silly.

Jun 8, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Yeah. I saw one person say their theme for this year is 'prom'. Yikes! :eek: I do NOT want anything like that...didn't like it the FIRST time around (well, mine was in College "jr/sr banquet" but same sort of thing...didn't have HS prom.)

Jun 8, 2009
  4. pampcheflisa

Oh goodness NOOOOOOO!!!!! Last year I planned to go with Black/White (my standard uniform), and then the "theme" ended up being black/white. I just remember that last year, everybody else had their information and the Home office direct was the last to know. I'm sure I will still plan on my black/white combo though!!

Jun 8, 2009
  5. esavvymom

*lol* Sorry to scare you! Has anyone seen Drew Barrymore's "Never Been Kissed"? The 'nerds' of the school all rebelled against prom and went dressed as DNA...*heehee* We could be rebels!

Jun 8, 2009
  6. I am a newbie this year (I'm so excited!)
    Anyways, I have not heard what our banquet's theme is yet.
    What do you all consider "normal" attire for the banquets?

Jun 8, 2009
  7. pampcheflisa

They are held in the Banquet rooms of Conference Hotels, so it's a little dressy. At ours last year, lots of black dresses, lots of nice dress slacks with nice blouses. Not necessarily formal, but nicer than business casual. Think attire that would be appropriate to wear to church or a wedding. BUT, keep in mind that last year was my first conference, so more seasoned consultants might have a little better insight! HTH!!

Jun 8, 2009
  8. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I have the information for Yvonne Mattson's if anyone needs it...just PM me...

Jun 8, 2009
  9. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oh, my goodness - THEMES? It's been years since I've been to conference and I don't remember themes being part of the banquet. I just bought a dress yesterday thinking it would be for the banquet - it's just a standard nice dress that I would wear anywhere nice or to church for a special occassion. Hope that helps. I seem to feel - because my husbands job also has an annual training conference with a banquet that is formal - that if you go with something nice that you feel comfortable in there is always someone there that is dressier than you are but there is also always someone there that isn't dressy at all. Dress nice and be comfortable - that's my advice.

Jun 8, 2009
  10. chefann

Sharon- not every ED has a theme for their banquet. And my thought is that, even if they do, you paid your money to be at conference, that includes the banquet. If you don't want to wear something specific to the theme, don't.

Jun 8, 2009
  11. Thank you all so much for the advice!
    Theme or no theme, I am just excited to go!!

Jun 8, 2009
  12. janetupnorth

Our theme is "superheros" but I'm just wearing a dress...I don't look good in tight stuff...especially after kids!

13. janetupnorth

Oh wait, I'll just go as "supermom with a fire hose".

(A few close friends will get that!)

14. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

Last year I met a group that was having a pajama banquet.
    I did see some dressed as super heros 2 years ago. I just hope we find out before we go.

Jun 8, 2009
  15. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL, Janet! That's so funny, because I actually thought "Ohhh, Janet's all over this one!" :D

Not quite sure what I would do...so I'll probably just do a dress. My Director NEVER dresses up for the themes anyway.

Jun 8, 2009
  16. loreo

loreo Banned

Just found out we're having a Hawaiian luau! Sounds fun!

Jun 8, 2009
  17. esavvymom

Now THAT I could handle! (Who's your ED?)

Jun 8, 2009
  18. janetupnorth

There were no superheros I saw 2 years ago, but you might have seen me in my turnout gear that year.

Becky - I'm taking the train the rest of the way so there is NO way I'm hauling 40-50 lbs. of expensive fire gear this year! The year I wore it my van was parked at the hotel. I'll just be in a dress like you...

19. chefann

That sounds like something from a movie that's kept in the back room of the video store. :blushing:

Jun 9, 2009
  20. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I don't know if anyone else here is under Leslie Caperton, but her theme is comfortable & casual black & white (or black or white) and karaoke.

21. loreo

loreo Banned

Tanya Braslawsky- she just promoted.

Jun 9, 2009
  22. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

My immediate thought was, "Janet, you ARE a superhero!"

Jun 9, 2009
  23. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

I am in Sherri Carr's line and we just go dressy...I am usually in a classic black dress.

Jun 9, 2009
  24. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Darla Oelman doesn't do a theme, as far as I know. I've seen ensembles that run the gamut from fairly casual to pretty dressy.

Jun 9, 2009
  25. cookie325

cookie325 Member

My exec is Yvonne Mattson - I am really not loving the Super Heros idea. My dh told me I should go as Storm from the X-Men! LOL!

Jun 9, 2009
  26. esavvymom

Hmmmm...it just hit me. I'm less 12 lbs away from my WW Goal weight...maybe I should kick it up a notch to be at goal by NC so I can at least feel/look good in whatEVER dress I'm wearing. :D

Jun 9, 2009
  27. L.Paz

L.Paz Novice Member

Just wondering, what happens at these Executive Director Banquets?

Jun 15, 2009
  28. janetupnorth

If we told you, we'd have to kill you... ;)

Dinner, awards, etc...

Jun 15, 2009
  29. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

We did a pajama party last year and it was fun! Well, one person came dressed WAYYYY to sexy, but you have to expect that I guess. Everyone else was just cute.

Jun 15, 2009
  30. pampcheflisa

Well, I just got the email about Home Office direct Banquet.
    Our theme is "Build your Success - Build your Future".
    Dress is business casual. Last year it was pretty nice (think lots of black dresses), so business casual...hmmmm.
    I guess that means I can wear dressy black pants and a nice top!! Probably won't do a skirt/dress year then!
    Bonus - it's at the hotel we're at, so no commuting!!!

Jun 23, 2009
Have something to add?