• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive Director Banquets: When Do We Start Finding Out Info?

In summary, Home Office Direct is the last to know about the banquet themes. However, it is appropriate to wear nicer clothing to a banquet.
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
When do we start finding out information for our Executive Director Banquets?
I fall under Home Office Direct, and if I remember correctly from last year, we were the last to know any details. I was just wondering if anyone else has started to receive information.
*It's a silly reason, but I need to know what I'm going to wear!!!

Timeliness of the info depends on your Exec or whoever is organizing events/theme for your banquet. If I were you, I'd just plan to wear regular clothes. But then, I think the themes are silly.

chefann said:
Timeliness of the info depends on your Exec or whoever is organizing events/theme for your banquet. If I were you, I'd just plan to wear regular clothes. But then, I think the themes are silly.

Yeah. I saw one person say their theme for this year is 'prom'. Yikes! :eek: I do NOT want anything like that...didn't like it the FIRST time around (well, mine was in College "jr/sr banquet" but same sort of thing...didn't have HS prom.)

esavvymom said:
Yeah. I saw one person say their theme for this year is 'prom'. Yikes! :eek: I do NOT want anything like that...didn't like it the FIRST time around (well, mine was in College "jr/sr banquet" but same sort of thing...didn't have HS prom.)

Oh goodness NOOOOOOO!!!!! Last year I planned to go with Black/White (my standard uniform), and then the "theme" ended up being black/white. I just remember that last year, everybody else had their information and the Home office direct was the last to know. I'm sure I will still plan on my black/white combo though!!

pampcheflisa said:
Oh goodness NOOOOOOO!!!!! Last year I planned to go with Black/White (my standard uniform), and then the "theme" ended up being black/white. I just remember that last year, everybody else had their information and the Home office direct was the last to know. I'm sure I will still plan on my black/white combo though!!

*lol* Sorry to scare you! Has anyone seen Drew Barrymore's "Never Been Kissed"? The 'nerds' of the school all rebelled against prom and went dressed as DNA...*heehee* We could be rebels!

I am a newbie this year (I'm so excited!)
Anyways, I have not heard what our banquet's theme is yet.
What do you all consider "normal" attire for the banquets?

Chefkelly88 said:
I am a newbie this year (I'm so excited!)
Anyways, I have not heard what our banquet's theme is yet.
What do you all consider "normal" attire for the banquets?

They are held in the Banquet rooms of Conference Hotels, so it's a little dressy. At ours last year, lots of black dresses, lots of nice dress slacks with nice blouses. Not necessarily formal, but nicer than business casual. Think attire that would be appropriate to wear to church or a wedding. BUT, keep in mind that last year was my first conference, so more seasoned consultants might have a little better insight! HTH!!

I have the information for Yvonne Mattson's if anyone needs it...just PM me...

Oh, my goodness - THEMES? It's been years since I've been to conference and I don't remember themes being part of the banquet. I just bought a dress yesterday thinking it would be for the banquet - it's just a standard nice dress that I would wear anywhere nice or to church for a special occassion. Hope that helps. I seem to feel - because my husbands job also has an annual training conference with a banquet that is formal - that if you go with something nice that you feel comfortable in there is always someone there that is dressier than you are but there is also always someone there that isn't dressy at all. Dress nice and be comfortable - that's my advice.

Sharon- not every ED has a theme for their banquet. And my thought is that, even if they do, you paid your money to be at conference, that includes the banquet. If you don't want to wear something specific to the theme, don't.

Thank you all so much for the advice!
Theme or no theme, I am just excited to go!!

Our theme is "superheros" but I'm just wearing a dress...I don't look good in tight stuff...especially after kids!

Oh wait, I'll just go as "supermom with a fire hose".(A few close friends will get that!)

Last year I met a group that was having a pajama banquet.
I did see some dressed as super heros 2 years ago. I just hope we find out before we go.

janetupnorth said:
Oh wait, I'll just go as "supermom with a fire hose".

(A few close friends will get that!)

LOL, Janet! That's so funny, because I actually thought "Ohhh, Janet's all over this one!" :D

Not quite sure what I would do...so I'll probably just do a dress. My Director NEVER dresses up for the themes anyway.

Just found out we're having a Hawaiian luau! Sounds fun!

loreo said:
Just found out we're having a Hawaiian luau! Sounds fun!

Now THAT I could handle! (Who's your ED?)

Chef Bobby said:
Last year I met a group that was having a pajama banquet.
I did see some dressed as super heros 2 years ago. I just hope we find out before we go.

There were no superheros I saw 2 years ago, but you might have seen me in my turnout gear that year.

Becky - I'm taking the train the rest of the way so there is NO way I'm hauling 40-50 lbs. of expensive fire gear this year! The year I wore it my van was parked at the hotel. I'll just be in a dress like you...

janetupnorth said:

That sounds like something from a movie that's kept in the back room of the video store. :blushing:

I don't know if anyone else here is under Leslie Caperton, but her theme is comfortable & casual black & white (or black or white) and karaoke.

esavvymom said:
Now THAT I could handle! (Who's your ED?)

Tanya Braslawsky- she just promoted.

janetupnorth said:
Our theme is "superheros" but I'm just wearing a dress...I don't look good in tight stuff...especially after kids!

janetupnorth said:

(A few close friends will get that!)

My immediate thought was, "Janet, you ARE a superhero!"

I am in Sherri Carr's line and we just go dressy...I am usually in a classic black dress.

Darla Oelman doesn't do a theme, as far as I know. I've seen ensembles that run the gamut from fairly casual to pretty dressy.

My exec is Yvonne Mattson - I am really not loving the Super Heros idea. My dh told me I should go as Storm from the X-Men! LOL!

Hmmmm...it just hit me. I'm less 12 lbs away from my WW Goal weight...maybe I should kick it up a notch to be at goal by NC so I can at least feel/look good in whatEVER dress I'm wearing. :D

Just wondering, what happens at these Executive Director Banquets?

L.Paz said:
Just wondering, what happens at these Executive Director Banquets?

If we told you, we'd have to kill you... ;)

Dinner, awards, etc...

We did a pajama party last year and it was fun! Well, one person came dressed WAYYYY to sexy, but you have to expect that I guess. Everyone else was just cute.

Well, I just got the email about Home Office direct Banquet.
Our theme is "Build your Success - Build your Future".
Dress is business casual. Last year it was pretty nice (think lots of black dresses), so business casual...hmmmm.
I guess that means I can wear dressy black pants and a nice top!! Probably won't do a skirt/dress year then!
Bonus - it's at the hotel we're at, so no commuting!!!

1. When do we start finding out information for our Executive Director Banquets?

The timing for when information becomes available for Executive Director Banquets may vary depending on the specific event and organization. It is best to contact the event organizers or check the event's website for updates on when information will be released.

2. When do we start finding out information for our Executive Director Banquets if we fall under Home Office Direct?

If you are part of Home Office Direct, it is possible that you may receive information later than other attendees. However, it is always best to reach out to the event organizers for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

3. Were we the last to know any details for the Executive Director Banquets last year?

It is difficult to determine if you were the last to receive information for the Executive Director Banquets last year without knowing the specifics of the event. It is best to reach out to the event organizers for more information on the timeline for releasing details.

4. Has anyone else started to receive information for the Executive Director Banquets?

As stated before, the timing for when information becomes available may vary. It is possible that some individuals or groups may have received information earlier than others. It is best to contact the event organizers or check the event's website for updates.

5. When do I need to know what I'm going to wear for the Executive Director Banquets?

Knowing what to wear for the Executive Director Banquets is important, but the timeline for when this information will be available may vary. It is best to reach out to the event organizers for more specific details on when attire information will be released.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christyh
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies