• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble With Business Account & P.Chef: Am I in Danger?

In summary, Debbie had a show last week in which the host insisted on writing one check for the entire order. Debbie normally doesn't do it this way, but when she dropped off the $ for the show, only her husband was home. The check that the host wrote bounced, and Debbie called the host to bring cash right away. The problem though is that P.Chef did the debit for her show and of course, there wasn't enough in there to cover. Debbie now has a notice from the bank that the correct amount (plus extra as Debbie has now learned her lesson) is there now. Debbie is not in trouble over this.
PamperedPrincess74
I have a separate account for my business. I don't use it for ANYTHING other than P.Chef. I had a show last week in which the host insisted on writing one check for the entire order. I normally don't do it this way but when she dropped off the $ for the show, only my husband was home. I had made it clear that checks from the show could be made out to me, but apparantly she didn't listen. Anyway, I didn't make a big deal about it and deposited her check - which bounced. I called her and she came and brought cash right away. The problem though is that P.Chef did the debit for her show and of course, there wasn't enough in there to cover. (It was a rather large show). I got a notice from the bank today. The correct amount (plus extra as I've now learned my lesson) is there now. Will P.Chef try to do a second debit or will they contact me first? Am I in trouble over this? I don't want to lose my debit priveleges over this.

Guidelines are explained in detail in your Recipe for Success.
Short answer: No, they aren't going to hang you from your toes on a first offense without trying to run it through a second time.

Thanks.
I actually just found it in RFS. (I NEVER think to look there first, DUH!)

Bounced check!I hope you had her pay for your bank fines!! That's horrible. I have never had a check bounce on me. I always have the host pay me one check for everything. I only take single checks when I know everyone or almost everyone at the show. I have had trouble with check credit cards from the same bank from guests or hosts (my bank) because of security reasons they had to be entered manually. :confused:
Debbie

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with a bounced check from a host. It's always important to have clear communication with our hosts about payment methods and it sounds like you did everything right in this situation. As for the bounced check, unfortunately, these things happen and it's great that the host was able to rectify the situation quickly by bringing cash. In terms of the debit from Pampered Chef, I would suggest reaching out to our corporate office for clarification on their policies and procedures for situations like this. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information and guide you on the next steps. I'm sure everything will work out just fine and you won't lose your debit privileges. Keep up the great work and happy cooking!

1. What are the potential risks of using a business account and P.Chef?

The main risk of using a business account and P.Chef is the potential for unauthorized access to sensitive financial information. It is important to ensure that proper security measures are in place to protect your account and data.

2. How can I protect my business account and data while using P.Chef?

To protect your business account and data while using P.Chef, make sure to use strong and unique passwords, enable multi-factor authentication, and regularly update your software and security measures. It is also important to train employees on proper security practices.

3. Is P.Chef a secure platform for managing my business finances?

Yes, P.Chef is a secure platform for managing your business finances. However, it is important to take proper precautions and follow security best practices to ensure the safety of your account and data.

4. Can I trust the security measures of P.Chef's parent company?

P.Chef's parent company has a strong reputation for security and has implemented various measures to protect user data. However, it is ultimately up to the user to take necessary precautions and regularly monitor their account for any suspicious activity.

5. What should I do if I notice any suspicious activity on my business account or P.Chef?

If you notice any suspicious activity on your business account or P.Chef, it is important to immediately change your password and enable multi-factor authentication. You should also contact P.Chef's customer support and your bank to report the activity and take necessary steps to secure your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Yakmama