• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bank of America Error: What Should I Do About an Accidental Deposit?

In summary, a man in NY tried to tell his bank that money deposited in his account wasn't actually his, and now he's being prosecuted. His bank claims they never lose payments, but he proves they did by getting a copy of his cancelled check.
cewcooks
Ok, I got a call from my bank because they are about to take money out that was accidently deposited in my account in December, has this ever happened to anyone?? I had a deposit in Dec from PC so I did not realize the extra $$$ what do I do now that there is not enough money in the account and we get paid on MOnday?:mad: :mad:

Can you call them and ask if they could do it Monday when you get paid?

Yes I did call them and ask them to wait until Monday so my business does not suffer in the meantime. I think I might choose another bank this is not the first time Bank of America has made a mistake on my account.

Are they going to wait until Monday to pull their mistake? I surely hope so!

How did they 'accidently' deposit money into your account?

pamperedlinda said:
How did they 'accidently' deposit money into your account?
Linda,

You must not have heard of the guy in NY who tried to tell the bank that the $3,000,000 (I think it was that # - anyway, in the millions!) in his account didn't belong to him, but they completely assured him that it did....so he spent part of it, and now they are prosecuting him for spending money that wasn't his?

Even if it's the banks mistake - you are still held liable......

I hadn't heard about that one Becky. But good grief, seems to me that they should not have taken 3 months to catch an error like that.

hmmmmm....makes me wonder about my account now too. I've been carrying an extra $65.05 in my account for almost a year now. I can't find when/how it appeared....wonder if my bank made an error like that in my favor too?

I'm such a freak about balancing my account to the exact penny (literally) that I can GUARANTEE I'd notice if I had extra money in my account!!!

c00p said:
I'm such a freak about balancing my account to the exact penny (literally) that I can GUARANTEE I'd notice if I had extra money in my account!!!

Yup me too!!! And as Becky has said you are liable if you spend the money. I can't see the bank waiting to take back it's money.

c00p said:
I am too (I used to work in banking) that's why this has been bugging me. I absolutely cannot find when/how it happened. I thought maybe it was a transposition error, but it's not divisible by 9 so that's not it. I'll carry it for another couple of month's - then I'm writing it in....just glad it's a credit mystery and not a debit mystery! (I'd probably search harder if it were! LOL)

I had a loan through bank of america and they sent me a letter and said I hadn't made the payment. When I called them they swore that and I quote, " We are a multi billion dollar company and we never lose payments". Those were there exact words. Well they lost my payment. I got a copy of my cancelled check (front and back) and proved to them I sent it on time, right address, and they cashed it. Suddenly they found my payment! It was so irriating!

Oh and when I went to my bank to pick up my cancelled check I was telling the teller and he told me BOA had lost $500 worth of his payments too!

What is the "Bank of America Mistake"?

The "Bank of America Mistake" is a term used to refer to an incident where Bank of America mistakenly charged customers for purchases made through Pampered Chef, even if they did not make any orders.

How did the "Bank of America Mistake" happen?

The "Bank of America Mistake" was a result of a technical glitch in Bank of America's system, which caused duplicate charges to be made for Pampered Chef purchases. This glitch has since been resolved.

How can I check if I have been affected by the "Bank of America Mistake"?

If you have made a purchase through Pampered Chef using your Bank of America account between the dates of [specific dates], you may have been affected by the "Bank of America Mistake". It is recommended that you check your bank statement for any duplicate charges.

What should I do if I have been affected by the "Bank of America Mistake"?

If you have been affected by the "Bank of America Mistake", you should contact Bank of America's customer service immediately to report the issue and request a refund for the duplicate charges. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

Is Pampered Chef taking any action to address the "Bank of America Mistake"?

Yes, Pampered Chef is working closely with Bank of America to address and resolve the issue. They have also issued a statement apologizing for any inconvenience caused and will assist affected customers in obtaining refunds for the duplicate charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies