• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Banana Split Trifle: The Perfect Show-Demo Dessert?

In summary, the conversation is about a trifle recipe made with vanilla wafers, pudding, bananas, chocolate syrup, pineapple, Cool Whip, cherries, and nuts. The discussion includes opinions on making the trifle for a show and whether it would generate sales. The overall consensus is that it is a tasty recipe but might be too time-consuming for a demonstration at a show.
sburnside
Gold Member
Has anyone made this trifle for a show? I really like that I could use so many products with it; however, it says it must chill for 1-2 hours. What do you guys think? It sounds yummy.

Banana Split Trifle
30 to 40 vanilla wafers 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
3 bananas, sliced Chocolate syrup
1 lg. box instant chocolate pudding 1 jar maraschino cherries, drained
12 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed Chopped nuts (optional)
1 reg. size can crushed or tidbit pineapple

Set out the Trifle Bowl. Put a layer of vanilla wafers along the bottom and halfway up the sides. Mix the vanilla pudding according to directions on the box and let sit for 30 seconds to help it set. Pour the pudding over the wafers. Slice 2 bananas using the egg slicer and layer the slices over the vanilla pudding. Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the bananas. Using the can drainer, drain the can of pineapple, and pour over the chocolate syrup. Mix the chocolate pudding according to the directions and let sit for 30 seconds. Pour over the pineapple. Top with whipped topping. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap so that the topping doesn't get a "skin" over it and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Add the cherries and the chopped nuts to the top of the whipped topping. Serve immediately.

This is a verry putzy recipe to do at a show!

Desert shows for me and many consultants I kjnow do not fenerate great sales. People do not NEED deserts these days. They need to know how to make dinner easy and painless!

Just my honest opinion...

Sounds like a great recipe to make ahead of time. Might be something to take as an "extra" for your show to show off the Trifle bowl but I agree with it being to putzy for a demo at the show.

1. How do I make the banana split trifle for show?

To make the banana split trifle, you will need to layer banana slices, whipped cream, chocolate pudding, crushed pineapple, and crushed vanilla wafers in a trifle dish. Repeat the layers until the dish is full and then top with a cherry and chocolate sauce. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of pudding for this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of pudding you prefer for this trifle. Some popular options include vanilla, strawberry, or even butterscotch pudding. Just make sure to adjust the other ingredients to complement the flavor of the pudding.

3. Can I substitute the whipped cream for something else?

Yes, you can substitute the whipped cream for cool whip or a non-dairy whipped topping. You can also make your own whipped cream using heavy cream and sugar if you prefer.

4. Do I have to use a trifle dish for this recipe?

No, you do not have to use a trifle dish for this recipe. You can use any large glass bowl or dish that will allow you to layer the ingredients and showcase the trifle's beautiful layers.

5. How far in advance can I make the banana split trifle?

You can make the banana split trifle up to a day in advance. Just cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. However, we recommend adding the toppings, such as the cherry and chocolate sauce, right before serving to keep them fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC