• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Banana Split Pie - Yummy!

In summary, This banana split pie was delicious and easy to make. The crust was simple to make and the filling was creamy and chocolatey. The toppings included bananas, strawberries, pineapple, and peanuts.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My host made this last night - delicious!

Banana Split Pie

Ingredients:

Crust

1/2 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)
1 cup milk chocolate morsels, melted, divided

Filling

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup cold milk
1 package (3.4 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 tablespoons sugar
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained

Toppings

1 medium banana, sliced
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For crust, place pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently rolling dough into bottom and up sides using small tapered end of Baker's Roller™. Prick bottom of crust using pastry tool. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the chocolate for garnish. Spread remaining chocolate over bottom and sides of crust.

3. For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add pudding mix and sugar; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in pineapple. Spread filling evenly into crust.

4. For toppings, arrange fruit over top of pie. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Pipe topping around top edge of pie. Drizzle reserved melted chocolate over top of pie. Sprinkle with nuts.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 610, Total Fat 36 g, Saturated Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 70 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber 1 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2009

Linda: This sounds wonderful! Is it a PC recipe?

yes it is :)

Wow this does sound good!!!

I make a banana split pie trifle. It is to die for. I make it different than above.

Kodeysmom said:
I make a banana split pie trifle. It is to die for. I make it different than above.

recipe please

Let me type it up and i will post it on here in a few. Mine doesnt take no where near as many ingredients. It is a recipe I found and tweaked.

crust
2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers.
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar

Filling
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Toppings
I use
bananas-usually 2 or 3 depending on size
can of chunk pineapple-drain all juice and use towel or something to get as dry as possible-or fresh would do great as well
fresh strawberries-have used the frozen as well, 2 boxes or 2 bowls
small bowl of cool whip
Chocolate fudge(chocolate syrup, ganache)-to drizzle on top
maraschino cherries

Mix crust ingredients
Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar-I use electric mixer

I found the best way to layer is start with a thin layer of bananas on bottom this is what i did last time I made it Otherwise the crust gets caked to bottom of trifle and you can't scoop it to serve it. Then put half of the crust mix, spread and flatten out, cover with half of filling mix, layer half of bananas, strawberries, pineapple. Then do another layer of crust, filling and toppings. Top with cool whip, hot fudge, and cherries. Mine come right up to top of bowl.

These sound great! Has anyone heard of a Strawberry Banana Split Pizza? I have been looking for that recipe w/no luck for some time.

Strawberry Banana Sundae Pizza
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
2 bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate candy
2 medium bananas, sliced
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly sprinkle large round stone with flour. Shape cookie dough into a ball in center of baking stone. Using lightly floured baker's roller, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone; cool completely on baking stone.
2. In a bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping; whisk until smooth (mixture will be thick). Spread cream cheese mixture over cookie to within 1/2 inch of edge.
3. Chop peanuts. Coarsely chop chocolate bars . Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate over pizza. Slice bananas; arrange bananas and pineapple over pizza. Spoon strawberry topping evenly over fruit. Slice pizza into 16 wedges; serve.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 1 g

1. How do I make the crust for the Banana Split Pie?

To make the crust for the Banana Split Pie, you will need 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix all the ingredients together and press the mixture into a pie dish. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit in the Banana Split Pie?

Yes, you can use different types of fruit in the Banana Split Pie. Some popular alternatives include strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. You can also mix and match different fruits to create your own unique twist on the classic Banana Split Pie.

3. How long does the Banana Split Pie need to chill before serving?

The Banana Split Pie needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. This will allow the filling to set and the flavors to fully develop. For best results, we recommend chilling it overnight.

4. Can I use a store-bought crust for the Banana Split Pie?

Yes, you can use a store-bought crust for the Banana Split Pie if you prefer. Simply follow the directions on the package for baking or pre-baking the crust. You can also use a chocolate or Oreo crust for an extra delicious twist.

5. Can I make the Banana Split Pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Banana Split Pie ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, making it the perfect dessert to prepare in advance for a party or gathering. Just be sure to keep it chilled until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies