• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Southern Banana Pudding Trifle Recipe: Tips and Tricks

In summary, to make an easy southern banana pudding trifle, you will need vanilla pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, cold milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, vanilla wafers, ripe bananas, and whipped cream. Vanilla wafers can be substituted with other cookies, but may alter the flavor and texture. The trifle can be made ahead of time, but should be assembled no more than 4 hours before serving. A trifle dish is recommended for a beautiful presentation. Fresh, ripe bananas should be used instead of frozen ones.
beepampered
Has anyone done this recipe? Any tips? Thanks...

Easy Southern Banana Pudding
3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
30 NILLA Wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Let stand 5 min.
ARRANGE half of the wafers on bottom and up side of 2-qt. serving bowl; top with layers of half each of the banana slices and pudding. Repeat all layers. Cover with whipped topping.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

No, but it looks easy and sounds delish!

I have actually made this recipe before and it turned out really well! My biggest tip would be to make sure you let the pudding sit for the full 5 minutes before layering it with the wafers and bananas. This allows the pudding to thicken and set, making for a more solid and delicious pudding layer. Also, make sure to use ripe bananas for the best flavor. Enjoy!

What ingredients do I need for this recipe?

To make this easy southern banana pudding trifle recipe, you will need 1 box of vanilla pudding mix, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups of cold milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1 box of vanilla wafers, 4-5 ripe bananas, and whipped cream for topping.

Do I have to use vanilla wafers for this recipe?

While vanilla wafers are traditionally used in southern banana pudding, you can substitute them with other types of cookies such as shortbread or graham crackers. However, the flavor and texture may be slightly different than the traditional version.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than 4 hours before serving to ensure the cookies do not become too soft. You can also make the pudding and whipped cream ahead of time and assemble the trifle right before serving.

Is it necessary to use a trifle dish for this recipe?

No, you can use any large glass bowl or dish to assemble this trifle. However, using a trifle dish will allow for the layers to be more visible and create a beautiful presentation.

Can I use frozen bananas for this recipe?

No, it is best to use ripe, fresh bananas for this recipe. Frozen bananas may become too mushy and affect the texture of the trifle. If you do not have ripe bananas, you can place them in a paper bag with an apple or banana for a few days to speed up the ripening process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
emmjohns
  • heat123