1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Bamboo ?

1. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Do you have to be careful putting raw meat on our bamboo?

Mar 13, 2009
  2. rbvernon

rbvernon Member Silver Member

i am not sure about that. but your question mad me think about a lady asking me if see could COOK on the Bamboo Plater; what was she thinking?? :) but someone did have a good question for it; can you put it in the dishwasher. i read up on it and you can't. i would like to know if you would put raw meat on it. good question. i think you could, but i hate guessing.

Mar 13, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I wouldn't put raw meat on the bamboo. My questions is "Why do you want to put raw meat on bamboo?" I think anything that touches raw meat needs to be properly sanitized. That is why I love our white cutting boards. They go in the dishwasher.

Mar 13, 2009
  4. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

I thought the bamboo could go in the dishwasher???!!!

so i just looked, so it's the utensils that are dishwasher safe, not the platters or bowls, right?

Mar 13, 2009
  5. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Any of the bamboo that is glued together (the bowls, platters, tiny ladle) cannot go in the dishwasher. Also the tongs because of the hinges. Anything else can.

The raw meat question... I don't see why not, because things are sanitised by handwashing with soap and hot water, not just by cleaning with a dishwasher (think about it - plenty of people don't have dishwashers and wash everything by hand). I also wonder though why you would want to...

However, I would not cut raw meat (or anything, for that matter) on the bamboo pieces.

Anyone else have a reason to not put raw meat on it?

Mar 13, 2009
  6. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

what about the bacteria that could stay? Isn't that why they say to not use raw meat on a wood cutting board?

Just what I've heard, I don't know one way or the other myself.

Mar 13, 2009
  7. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I think if you are not using the bamboo for cutting on it would be fine, as it wouldn't have any scratches for bacteria to get into. The bamboo is naturally water resistant which inhibits bacteria (that from a label on a bamboo bowl I just bought from (gasp!) target. I'm afraid I couldn't resist, it was beautiful, and 75% off...).

Mar 13, 2009
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Bamboo does not absorb the moisture like wood does.

Mar 13, 2009
  9. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

thanks you guys. I was wondering why you would want to put raw meat on it anyway

Mar 13, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted