• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bamboo Turn-About: Frustrated with Cracks Next to Stove? | Product Review

Thoughts on this product? Anyone else having problems?Mine is by my stove but I haven't looked it over lately.....I am definitely going to check tonight though!yes do check!
grgann
So I am super frustrated with this product. I was so excited when it came out, I traded in my two old crocks for one on either side of my stove. I noticed over the holidays one has a big crack down the side.... then I look at the other one and it ALSO has a large crack down it. I am guessing that it is a result of being next to the stove, but honestly, where else would I keep a turnabout?
I can't decide what to do, one I got from the sample order, but the other I ordered on someone's show. They are still usable, but I can only assume the crack will get worse on each. Also I don't want to recommend this product because I assume it will happen to others...
Do you keep your turn-about near your stove? have others had this problem? It makes total sense that a bamboo product would not do well exposed to temp changes like this, but then why did we make it? I wonder if it is going to be discontinued as a result...
Thoughts on this product? Anyone else having problems?

Mine is by my stove but I haven't looked it over lately.....I am definitely going to check tonight though!

yes do check! One of mind cracked on the outside ring so it was easy to see, but the other was on an inner part that was harder to see. I am definitley curious if this is a pervasive problem. Thanks!

Send an email to the test kitchen to ask. This shouldn't be happening!

Mine arrived with a small crack on the outside. Jon said if it got worse in the first month we'd get it replaced.
Ours is actually our silverware holder because we have a tiny kitchen with no drawers.

I just had mine replaced for the same problem. Mine was not kept near the stove so I know it wasn't a temperature issue.

Thanks for the heads up - mine has a crack and sits nowhere near heat. Did an adjustment - need to find a box to ship it back!

I don't have the turn-about, but I do have the small bowls and the snack size set and two of the bowls (one from each set) have a crack on it. I din't even noticed until I used one of the bowls with salsa and next thing I see is the salsa on my table :(
Wonder if there is something going on with our bamboo line?

ilovpc said:
I don't have the turn-about, but I do have the small bowls and the snack size set and two of the bowls (one from each set) have a crack on it. I din't even noticed until I used one of the bowls with salsa and next thing I see is the salsa on my table :(
Wonder if there is something going on with our bamboo line?
I have most of our bamboo items and have only had one issue and that's when I stored something over night in the fridge. The U&CG doesn't say anything about that but thought I would point it out.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Mine arrived with a small crack on the outside. Jon said if it got worse in the first month we'd get it replaced.
Ours is actually our silverware holder because we have a tiny kitchen with no drawers.
Good idea!

I don't have this item - though it's the only thing from the new line I wanted and didn't get. My tool turnabout sits in the corner of my counter, not near my stove. But it doesn't hold the nylon tools, I have a crack right by the stove for that. It holds everything else that I need for cutting, etc.

Mine cracked too. I called HO and they didn't even want the old one, just told me to trash it. That made me wonder if it's a common issue. Too, bad...I really love the bamboo.

wadesgirl said:
I have most of our bamboo items and have only had one issue and that's when I stored something over night in the fridge. The U&CG doesn't say anything about that but thought I would point it out.QUOTE]

I didn't stored it in the fridge. I just poured some salsa on the bowl and put it on the table to eat it with chis...but I never put these in the fridge. I have no idea how these cracks happened as I don't use them all the time.

I think you are right about storing it over night, may be the liquids get obsorb, but I thought our bamboo didn't do that...hmmm?!!

I love the bamboo line...it is so pretty and clean looking. But, I have always taken a handle with care attitude toward them. You can't soak them or put them in the dishwasher, so I am very gentle with them. I haven't taken my TTA out of the box because I don't have room for it. I would have put it by the stove, and been really mad if it cracked...lol. I seems kind of silly to have to "baby" a kitchen product. As much as I love them they don't get used a lot. HHHMMM...makes me rethink the whole line.

I had a new one never used (from sell-a-thon) I had taken to a craft fair and noticed a large crack on the side. :( I did have to send mine back but that was a couple wks ago. Sounds like there is an issue company wide.

I just noticed last week also that mine has a big crack in the outer ring. Mine sits upstairs on my school desk (teacher). It doesnt get heavy use at all. But after reading all of these with the same problem, I will definitely put in the adjustment. The numbers to HO will signal to them an issue ..... Least I would hope so.

Just had a customer return one because it was cracked.

Is this still an issue or are they better now?

What is the Bamboo Turn-About?

The Bamboo Turn-About is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that can be used as a trivet, cutting board, and lazy Susan. It is made of durable bamboo and has a rotating base for convenience.

How do I care for my Bamboo Turn-About?

To clean your Bamboo Turn-About, simply hand wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Do not soak or put in the dishwasher. To maintain its appearance, periodically oil the board with mineral oil.

What size is the Bamboo Turn-About?

The Bamboo Turn-About measures 12 inches in diameter and 1 inch in height, making it the perfect size for using as a trivet for hot dishes or as a cutting board for fruits and vegetables.

Can the Bamboo Turn-About be used as a serving platter?

Yes, the Bamboo Turn-About can be used as a serving platter for appetizers, cheeses, and more. Its rotating base makes it easy for guests to access all sides of the platter.

Is the Bamboo Turn-About heat resistant?

Yes, the Bamboo Turn-About is heat resistant up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is not recommended to place hot pots or pans directly on the surface as it may cause damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MFox0405
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjwr
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjwr
  • Melissa78