• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Bamboo Bowls & Platters Stain?

In summary, to prevent staining on bamboo bowls and platters, avoid using them for acidic or strongly colored foods and be sure to thoroughly clean and dry them after each use. Harsh chemicals and dishwashers should not be used to remove stains, instead try using a mixture of vinegar and water or mild dish soap. It is recommended to oil the bowls and platters every few months with food-safe oil. Hot, oily, acidic, and strongly colored foods should not be served in bamboo bowls and platters.
Jen1409
Does the bamboo (bowls and platters) stain?

They're stain-resistant I believe. Mine have never had a stain in them. U&C guide says that:For stubborn food odors, use a baking soda paste. Mix 1/2-cup (125 mL) baking soda with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water. Apply paste to bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and towel dry immediately.But it mentions nothing about staining.

I know that someone here said that their spoons stained with curry dishes. I would be leary of putting that in my bamboo!!

1. How do I prevent bamboo bowls and platters from staining?

To prevent staining, it is important to properly care for your bamboo bowls and platters. Avoid using them for acidic or strongly colored foods, such as tomato sauce or beets, as these can cause staining. Also, be sure to clean and dry the bowls and platters thoroughly after each use to prevent any residue from setting in and causing discoloration.

2. Can I use bleach or other harsh chemicals to remove stains from bamboo bowls and platters?

No, we do not recommend using bleach or other harsh chemicals on bamboo bowls and platters. These can damage the natural fibers of the bamboo and cause discoloration. Instead, try using a mixture of vinegar and water or a mild dish soap to gently clean the stains.

3. How often should I oil my bamboo bowls and platters?

We recommend oiling your bamboo bowls and platters every few months, or whenever they start to look dry or dull. This will help to protect the wood and prevent staining. Be sure to use a food-safe oil, such as mineral oil, and follow the manufacturer's instructions for application.

4. Can I put bamboo bowls and platters in the dishwasher?

No, bamboo bowls and platters should not be put in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can cause the wood to dry out and crack, leading to stains and damage. It is best to hand wash them with mild soap and warm water, and dry them immediately afterwards.

5. Are there any foods that should not be served in bamboo bowls and platters?

Yes, it is not recommended to serve hot or oily foods in bamboo bowls and platters as they can cause the wood to warp and stain. Additionally, acidic or strongly colored foods, as mentioned before, should also be avoided to prevent staining. It is best to use these bowls and platters for room temperature or chilled foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Phi_Phi_18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyRedHead