• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Does Bamboo Wash Up After Frequent Use? - Feedback Requested

In summary, bamboo is a highly sustainable and renewable resource that is both eco-friendly and naturally antimicrobial, making it a great choice for cooking and washing up. It is also durable, resistant to stains and odors, and can withstand high heat without warping or melting. Bamboo utensils and tools are safe to use with non-stick cookware and should be hand washed with mild soap and occasionally treated with food-grade mineral oil for maintenance.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have a customer that wants to know how the bamboo washes up. I have only used mine afew times and it cleans up great; was wondering if anyone has used theirs quite a bit and if they feel the pieces will continue to clean up great. Thank you for your input.

Have some flat spatulas that are 5 years old - look just fine; washed in the dishwasher. Don't know how the new honey glaze holds up, but I bet it's good.

Eventhough they are dishwasher safe, I would recommend they be handwashed. My spoon have lost their shine (glaze) from being in the dishwasher...... Don't anyone handwash anymore???? hehehe

I don't think the new pieces are dishwasher safe, I believe it says to hand wash and dry immeadiatly on them.

I havent had a problem handwashing them though. I love mine!

I assume you can use soap on them though, right?

The spoons are dishwasher safe, but all the plates and bowls and tray have to be hand washed and hand dried. I would make sure they only use the soft side of the sponge, and not the scrubby side. I think that over time the scrubby side would cause scratches. And yes--use soap! ;)

I used my small bamboo platter for deviled eggs yesterday -- it looked terrific! I also wash mine by hand with soap.

Hello! Thank you for reaching out with your question about bamboo wash up. As a fellow consultant, I am happy to provide some feedback based on my personal experience and the feedback I have received from customers.In my own experience, bamboo pieces have held up very well after frequent use. I have used mine multiple times a week for several months now and have not noticed any deterioration in their cleaning abilities. However, I always make sure to follow the proper care instructions, such as hand washing and avoiding harsh detergents, to ensure the longevity of the bamboo.Additionally, I have received positive feedback from customers who have used their bamboo pieces regularly and have not experienced any issues with cleaning. Many have mentioned that the bamboo continues to clean up just as well as when they first purchased it.Overall, I would say that with proper care, bamboo pieces should continue to clean up great even after frequent use. I hope this helps answer your question. Happy cooking!

What are the benefits of using bamboo for cooking and washing up?

Bamboo is a highly sustainable and renewable resource, making it an eco-friendly choice for cooking and washing up. It is also naturally antimicrobial, meaning it inhibits the growth of bacteria and germs.

How does bamboo hold up after frequent use?

Bamboo is a durable and strong material, making it suitable for frequent use in the kitchen. It is also resistant to stains and odors, making it easy to clean and maintain.

Can bamboo utensils and tools be used in high heat cooking?

Yes, bamboo is heat-resistant and can withstand high temperatures without warping or melting. However, it is always recommended to check the specific instructions for each product before using it in high heat cooking.

Is it safe to use bamboo products with non-stick cookware?

Yes, bamboo is a safe material to use with non-stick cookware. It is gentle on the surface, preventing scratches or damage, and it is also safe for food contact.

How should I care for my bamboo utensils and tools after use?

To properly care for your bamboo products, hand wash them with warm water and mild soap. Avoid soaking them in water for long periods and do not put them in the dishwasher. It is also recommended to occasionally treat them with food-grade mineral oil to maintain their quality and prevent cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheld01
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JaimeAnnR
  • lovescooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • MFox0405