1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bamboo Question

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I have a customer that wants to know how the bamboo washes up. I have only used mine afew times and it cleans up great; was wondering if anyone has used theirs quite a bit and if they feel the pieces will continue to clean up great. Thank you for your input.

Apr 12, 2009
  2. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Have some flat spatulas that are 5 years old - look just fine; washed in the dishwasher. Don't know how the new honey glaze holds up, but I bet it's good.

Apr 12, 2009
  3. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Eventhough they are dishwasher safe, I would recommend they be handwashed. My spoon have lost their shine (glaze) from being in the dishwasher...... Don't anyone handwash anymore???? hehehe

Apr 12, 2009
  4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I don't think the new pieces are dishwasher safe, I believe it says to hand wash and dry immeadiatly on them.

I havent had a problem handwashing them though. I love mine!

Apr 12, 2009
  5. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

I assume you can use soap on them though, right?

Apr 13, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

The spoons are dishwasher safe, but all the plates and bowls and tray have to be hand washed and hand dried.

I would make sure they only use the soft side of the sponge, and not the scrubby side. I think that over time the scrubby side would cause scratches. And yes--use soap! ;)

Apr 13, 2009
  7. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I used my small bamboo platter for deviled eggs yesterday -- it looked terrific! I also wash mine by hand with soap.

Apr 13, 2009
Have something to add?