• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating the Greatness of Bamboo: Recipes & More!

In summary, the bamboo is going very well and people have come up with recipes for the bamboo products. Some people are still having quality issues with their bamboo bowls, but all in all, people seem to like the products.
pcjenr
I agree that the Bamboo is going VERY well! Anyone have anything already typed up regarding the greatness of the bamboo - OR recipes for the bamboo products (other than our dipping oils) ?

I have been VERY disappointed with my original bamboo bowl... I've gone through a couple of them, cracking, corners breaking off... one completely leaked through the glue.

I noticed that the tray & snack bowls were a much heavier quality. Love these!

I got the large platter and am not sure A) where to store that monster! and B) what on earth I'd ever use it for. I'm concerned I'm going to have the same issues that I have with the bowl. As much as I'd prefer to tote a large bamboo bowl instead of a SA, I'm afraid I'm going to have the same quality issues with that too. Anyone got good reviews?

I'm doing an eco-friendly Power Cooking party to show off the bamboo this month, would love to see anything anyone has made up with recipes!

Hmmm ... I've only used the snack bowls and tray and I LOVE them! I, like you, just don't know what else to do with it other than the dipping oils at a show. I saw the large bamboo platter - the woman that bought it LOVES sushi, so that's what she was going to use it for ?! I am fresh out of ideas here though.

IAmChefJ said:
I have been VERY disappointed with my original bamboo bowl... I've gone through a couple of them, cracking, corners breaking off... one completely leaked through the glue.

I noticed that the tray & snack bowls were a much heavier quality. Love these!

I got the large platter and am not sure A) where to store that monster! and B) what on earth I'd ever use it for. I'm concerned I'm going to have the same issues that I have with the bowl. As much as I'd prefer to tote a large bamboo bowl instead of a SA, I'm afraid I'm going to have the same quality issues with that too. Anyone got good reviews?

I'm doing an eco-friendly Power Cooking party to show off the bamboo this month, would love to see anything anyone has made up with recipes!

Sorry that you are having bad luck with the bamboo. I love all of mine.
I agree that the large platter is LARGE... I sold four at my last show though. I talked up the greatness of using it while serving grilled foods, a anti-pasta, or a whole meal (meat in the middle, veggies on both sides, and then rice on the outer edges.)

ChefMary412 said:
Sorry that you are having bad luck with the bamboo. I love all of mine.
I agree that the large platter is LARGE... I sold four at my last show though. I talked up the greatness of using it while serving grilled foods, a anti-pasta, or a whole meal (meat in the middle, veggies on both sides, and then rice on the outer edges.)

Great ideas to share with my customers. Thanks!

1. What makes bamboo a great material for cooking?

Bamboo is a highly sustainable and eco-friendly material that is naturally antibacterial and does not absorb moisture, making it a safe and hygienic option for cooking. It is also incredibly durable and heat-resistant, making it perfect for use in the kitchen.

2. Are there any health benefits to using bamboo in cooking?

Yes, bamboo is a great choice for healthy cooking! It is known to have natural antimicrobial properties and does not release any harmful chemicals when heated. It is also non-porous, meaning it won't absorb any oils or flavors from food, resulting in healthier and more flavorful meals.

3. Can I use bamboo cookware on all types of stovetops?

Yes, bamboo cookware can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Just be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for any specific guidelines.

4. How do I properly care for my bamboo cookware?

To keep your bamboo cookware in top condition, it is important to hand wash it with mild soap and warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the bamboo. Also, be sure to dry your cookware thoroughly before storing it.

5. Can I use bamboo cookware in the oven?

Yes, most bamboo cookware is oven-safe up to a certain temperature. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the specific cookware you are using can be safely used in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheld01
  • Products and Tips
Replies