1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bamboo Products

1. pcjenr

pcjenr Novice Member

I agree that the Bamboo is going VERY well! Anyone have anything already typed up regarding the greatness of the bamboo - OR recipes for the bamboo products (other than our dipping oils) ?

Apr 18, 2009
  2. IAmChefJ

IAmChefJ Member

I have been VERY disappointed with my original bamboo bowl... I've gone through a couple of them, cracking, corners breaking off... one completely leaked through the glue.

I noticed that the tray & snack bowls were a much heavier quality. Love these!

I got the large platter and am not sure A) where to store that monster! and B) what on earth I'd ever use it for. I'm concerned I'm going to have the same issues that I have with the bowl. As much as I'd prefer to tote a large bamboo bowl instead of a SA, I'm afraid I'm going to have the same quality issues with that too. Anyone got good reviews?

I'm doing an eco-friendly Power Cooking party to show off the bamboo this month, would love to see anything anyone has made up with recipes!

Apr 18, 2009
  3. pcjenr

pcjenr Novice Member

Hmmm ... I've only used the snack bowls and tray and I LOVE them! I, like you, just don't know what else to do with it other than the dipping oils at a show. I saw the large bamboo platter - the woman that bought it LOVES sushi, so that's what she was going to use it for ?! I am fresh out of ideas here though.

Apr 21, 2009
  4. mkcook

mkcook Novice Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2009
  5. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

Sorry that you are having bad luck with the bamboo. I love all of mine.
    I agree that the large platter is LARGE... I sold four at my last show though. I talked up the greatness of using it while serving grilled foods, a anti-pasta, or a whole meal (meat in the middle, veggies on both sides, and then rice on the outer edges.)

Apr 26, 2009
  6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Great ideas to share with my customers. Thanks!

Apr 26, 2009
Have something to add?