• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Bamboo Knife Block with Unique Slot Configuration

In summary, the knife block is not very nice and heavy, but the slots are all "messed" up! It will hold like 3 petite paring, 6 Utility (or boning, regular paring), 3 Large Knives (either the Chef or 7" Santoku), 1 Bread & 1 of the new small 5" Santoku.
Crys Hall
I got my knife block yesterday and it's no nice and heavy, but the slots are all "messed" up! It's suppose to hold (and does) 14 knives so you'd naturally think oh ok 2 of each, NOT THE CASE! It'll hold like 3 petite paring, 6 Utility (or boning, regular paring), 3 Large Knives (either the Chef or 7" Santoku), 1 Bread & 1 of the new small 5" Santoku!!!

Don't get me wrong I love this block but I really wanted 2 slots for large santoku and 2 for the new smaller one! Now I've got to use a large slot for the small knife and it just doesn't fit right! I'm afraid it's gonna "fall" out although I'm sure it won't it just seems like it might!

What do you think of it?

i got mine yesterday too and love it. the block was made for 1 of each knife (including a set of steak knives) plus 2 sets of kitchen shears. i think they did not really contemplate a person having more than 1 of the same knife.

I LOVE MINE!! I just need MORE Knives. What an addiction!

Yes, I think us Consultants are really the only ones who would have more than one of the same knife - especially the big or 'specialty' ones. Our customers may have 2 paring (or petite) knives and possibly 2 utility knives but that's probably about it.

I am confused by the 2 sets of kitchen shears, however. I do know a lot of customers have 2 pairs, but wouldn't they usually keep them in different rooms? For me, I have one in my kitchen and one in my office. Maybe one in a craft / sewing room, garage, even the basement...but why would you have 2 pairs in the same room?

Winnipegk said:
Yes, I think us Consultants are really the only ones who would have more than one of the same knife - especially the big or 'specialty' ones. Our customers may have 2 paring (or petite) knives and possibly 2 utility knives but that's probably about it.

I am confused by the 2 sets of kitchen shears, however. I do know a lot of customers have 2 pairs, but wouldn't they usually keep them in different rooms? For me, I have one in my kitchen and one in my office. Maybe one in a craft / sewing room, garage, even the basement...but why would you have 2 pairs in the same room?

Actually I have 2 sets of the new kitchen shears on my counter. One is always drying or in the dishwasher. I also have the old set in my kitchen too!

will the old-school bread knife fit in the bread knife slot? I don't have the forged bread knife yet, just the black handled bargain bread knife that was discontinued a yr ago.

Although I don't have it now. I was very excited to hear that we have a new Knife Block. I don't like storing my knives in the drawer so this will be great to have. Can't wait to have $ and order it soon!

peichef said:
will the old-school bread knife fit in the bread knife slot? I don't have the forged bread knife yet, just the black handled bargain bread knife that was discontinued a yr ago.

Yup! That is what is in mine as of last night!

I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait to get mine! :)

susanr613 said:
i got mine yesterday too and love it. the block was made for 1 of each knife (including a set of steak knives) plus 2 sets of kitchen shears. i think they did not really contemplate a person having more than 1 of the same knife.

Oh that makes sense now! My sister loves her knives (and sells them for me to everyone she can :) ) and so thanks for clearing this up it'll make more sense now when I show her my block ...
Crystal

I have 2 utility knives, will they both fit?

babywings76 said:
I have 2 utility knives, will they both fit?

Yes.

I have one of the old kitchen shears in one of my shears slots. I also put the knife from the carving set in the left over large knive slot (the fork is in my cutlery drawer since it doesn't fit in the block) and I put the green tomato knife in the left over slot.

If your household is like mine where little fingers walk away with every pair of scissors, snips and shears, it's a blessing to have 2 in 1 spot! Tell customers it's good to have 2 so that when you've cut up chicken with 1, you have the other to snip herbs.

muffetts said:
If your household is like mine where little fingers walk away with every pair of scissors, snips and shears, it's a blessing to have 2 in 1 spot! Tell customers it's good to have 2 so that when you've cut up chicken with 1, you have the other to snip herbs.

Oh good point, I hadn't thought of that.

We also don't have children so we're not used to too many things going missing. Our shears are usually in the kitchen where the holder is, or they're on the basement table beside a pile of empty freezie wrappers. Yes, we have no children and yet we just finished a box of 200 freezies we bought last week. :blushing:

Winnipegk said:
Oh good point, I hadn't thought of that.

We also don't have children so we're not used to too many things going missing. Our shears are usually in the kitchen where the holder is, or they're on the basement table beside a pile of empty freezie wrappers. Yes, we have no children and yet we just finished a box of 200 freezies we bought last week. :blushing:

What are Freezies?

dannyzmom said:
What are Freezies?

Probably what we call freezer pops...the fla-vor-ice things in plastic.

I bet they use the shears to cut the ends...

janetupnorth said:
Probably what we call freezer pops...the fla-vor-ice things in plastic.

you got it.

janetupnorth said:
I bet they use the shears to cut the ends...

also correct! funny how terminology changes as you cross the border. Kind of like "soda" and "pop".

peichef said:
also correct! funny how terminology changes as you cross the border. Kind of like "soda" and "pop".

Here in OK it's neither "soda" nor "pop"--it's "Coke!" :)

Haha whoops. I didn't realize there was a difference!

1. What is the size and capacity of the Bamboo Knife Block?

The Bamboo Knife Block is approximately 9 inches tall and can hold up to 10 knives, depending on their size and shape.

2. Can the Bamboo Knife Block fit different types of knives?

Yes, the Bamboo Knife Block has a universal design that can accommodate a variety of knife sizes and shapes, including chef's knives, steak knives, and even scissors.

3. Is the Bamboo Knife Block made from sustainable materials?

Yes, the Bamboo Knife Block is made from 100% sustainable and eco-friendly bamboo, making it a great choice for environmentally-conscious consumers.

4. How do I clean and maintain the Bamboo Knife Block?

The Bamboo Knife Block can be easily cleaned with warm water and mild soap. It is recommended to dry it with a cloth immediately after cleaning to prevent any water damage. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials on the block.

5. Can the Bamboo Knife Block be used for other kitchen tools besides knives?

While the Bamboo Knife Block is specifically designed for knives, it can also be used to store other kitchen tools such as spatulas, whisks, and kitchen shears. Just make sure the tools fit comfortably in the slots without overcrowding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FeliciaD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • GourmetGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • Porchechef