1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bamboo Item Question

1. Does anyone know if you can or need to oil the bamboo platters/bowls at any time after any uses? I have a customer that's used to using oil to treat her wooden salad bowls and wanted to know if it's something that needs to or can be done with the bamboo ones too.

Any help would be great. I've tried looking throughout everywhere I could think of and all I can find is that bamboo doesn't absorb moisture like wood, so I'm thinking that you wouldn't need to oil the bamboo at all.

Thanks in advance for any help and or ideas.

Mar 14, 2009
  2. kcont

kcont Member

I would think that oiling would not be needed since they are nonporus.......

Mar 14, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Let's see what the Use and Care and Product Information Pages say...

hmm.... there's nothing there about oiling, just to handwash and dry immediately. So I'd say that there's no oiling required.

Mar 14, 2009
  4. Thanks so much for the added information! I really appreciate it. I didn't think they'd need any oiling, but thought I'd check to make sure.:)

Mar 16, 2009
  5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Well, I've used these as my oil dipping bowls and they almost repelled the oil.....so I don't think it would do any good!!! The wooden bowls could crack easily since they are so dry and brittle, so I could see how that would help them!

Mar 17, 2009
  6. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

one of the consultants at my team meeting this week said that the fact that they don't need to be oiled is a good selling point.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?