• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bamboo Cutting Board: Slip-Resistant & Scratch-Free for Easy Food Prep

In summary, the Bamboo carving board is a beautiful and sturdy product, but it can get scratched and left marks from knives when cut.
Wendyss
Gold Member
Hi,
I was asked this question by my first host and was hoping one of you can help me with the answer. She is thinking of buying it for her 1/2 price item.
"I have a question about the Bamboo carving board—does it slip on the counter? And when you cut something on it does it leave marks or stripes in the wood?"
Also, if she does buy it at 1/2 price does that count as total guest sales as far as my starter month total?

It's a carving board and not a cutting board. It's meant to cut cooked meat. It will scratch the wood if you cut on it.

1/2 price itemsI'm sorry to say, the half price items that hostesses buy are not included in your commissionable sales.

Lisa

I have had some trouble on 2 seperate occassions with hte carving board. Both warped and had to be replaced. 2 seperate people had this problem. So be ware to the customer....take care and DO NOT wash in dishwasher. :)

I am stunned that your board warped. Did you put in the the dishwasher?

As far as knife marks... it does get marked by carving knives, just as a wooden board does. You are not supposed to use serrated blades or the food chopper on it. Mine is marked up from carving roasts, but I have to say that the cutting board is absolutely gorgeous and so far has been incredibly sturdy. I store mine on top of the microwave and it lookes beautiful.

I have not found it slipping on the counter at all because it is quite heavy. But if they wanted to, they could use a little non slip pad like the one that comes with the polyethaline boards. (I bought a whole roll of the stuff in the kitchen section at Walmart...)

1. What is a bamboo cutting board?

A bamboo cutting board is a type of cutting board made from bamboo, a sustainable and eco-friendly material. It is known for its durability and natural antimicrobial properties.

2. How do I clean a bamboo cutting board?

To clean a bamboo cutting board, simply wash it with warm soapy water and rinse it off. You can also use a mixture of vinegar and water for tougher stains. Avoid soaking the board and always dry it off after cleaning.

3. Can I use a bamboo cutting board for meat and vegetables?

Yes, you can use a bamboo cutting board for both meat and vegetables. However, it is recommended to have separate cutting boards for raw meat and produce to prevent cross-contamination.

4. Is a bamboo cutting board safe for my knives?

Yes, bamboo cutting boards are safe for knives. They are gentle on the blade and do not cause excessive wear and tear. However, avoid using serrated knives on bamboo cutting boards as they can leave marks.

5. How often should I oil my bamboo cutting board?

It is recommended to oil your bamboo cutting board once a month to keep it moisturized and prevent it from drying out or cracking. Use food-grade mineral oil or bamboo cutting board oil for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefbilyeu
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • jenniferlynne
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies