• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Bamboo Carving Board from The Pampered Chef easily damaged by knives?

In summary, the two customers found knife marks and a scuff mark on their products after using them. One used a regular carving knife and the other used a food chopper. The use and care card says "do not use a serrated or electric carving knife on the surface."
cla519
I use it last night to carve our turkey and after cleaning it I found there was two big knife marks and a scuff mark on it. I used just a reg. carving knife on it. Wasn't too impressed to find these on it. I was a little scared to used it in the first place as it looked too pretty to use. I guess I was right. I don't want to show this when there are marks from just one use. Anyone else have this problem?

Yep. I was very careful when I carved a ham on mine, but it ended up with a couple of cuts on it too.

>>I used just a reg. carving knife on it.<<

Did it have a serrated edge?

My hubby carved a turkey on it on Saturday and as I was cleaning it I found a couple too! I am so bummed b/c now it doesn't look as pretty. :( Oh well, I guess the customers will be happy that we use our products too! :) Don't forget there is a warranty on it.

It IS a cutting board....Don't forget that it is a cutting board and if you use a knife on it, it will mar the surface. It may not look as nice but it will work just fine. If you don't want to show the one you use, you can get another one to use at your demos.

Is there a difference between a "cutting board" and a "carving board"? I would think that you cut through the meat on a cutting board and on a carving board you would just slice through the meat at an angle and transfer it over to a platter. Thus, not going through to the board. The use and care card says "Do not use Food Chopper, serrated or electric carving knife on surface.

You have to remember that it is a carving board. If you use it, it will show the marks of use. The only way around it is to have 2 and only use one and keep the other for demonstrations. It won't matter how careful you are, you are going to cut/scuff it. Just make sure it is clean and well cared for.

I personally do not have any products that are only for demos. If it hasn't been used, it generally means I don't like that particular product. I use my products every day and I tell my customers. I know a lot of people who will only show a new stone because theirs are all black. Guess what, it is suppose to be black. It shows you use it, depend on it, and love it. I always take a small piece and show what color it will be when they get it and say "after you use your stone and season it, it will take on this beautiful color" and then I show mine. This also demonstrates the uniqueness of each stone, because they all take on a special color/pattern of their own as they are seasoned. And, it shows how well they stand up to use.

Shawnna

Actually it is a carving board and to use it as a cutting board is not recommended. The product use and care say "do not use chopper, serrated knife or electric carving knife.

I just used a carving knife. I read the instructions a few times. I really didn't think that it would cut into the board like that. I though that bamboo was one of the hardest woods and never thought by just carving a turkey would do that. Even my wooden cutting board would not have a cut in it like this does. I was very carefull to not put any pressure on the knife when I was taking the legs and wings off as well.

What is the best way to clean a bamboo carving board?

The best way to clean a bamboo carving board is to wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Make sure to dry it thoroughly afterwards and avoid soaking it in water for extended periods of time.

How do I remove stains and odors from my bamboo carving board?

To remove stains and odors from a bamboo carving board, sprinkle some baking soda over the surface and rub it in with a damp cloth. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. You can also use a mixture of lemon juice and salt to scrub the board, then rinse it off and dry it thoroughly.

Can I use my bamboo carving board for cutting raw meat?

It is not recommended to use a bamboo carving board for cutting raw meat as it can harbor bacteria in its grooves and crevices. It is best to use a separate cutting board designated for raw meat to prevent cross-contamination.

How should I store my bamboo carving board?

It is important to store your bamboo carving board in a dry and well-ventilated area. Avoid storing it in direct sunlight or near a heat source as this can cause it to warp or crack. You can also apply a food-safe mineral oil to the board every few months to help maintain its quality.

Why is my bamboo carving board cracking?

Bamboo carving boards can crack due to exposure to extreme temperatures, excessive moisture, or being left to dry out without any oil or conditioning. It is important to properly care for and maintain your bamboo carving board to prevent cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefbilyeu
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • MFox0405
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Smashie