• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Between Bamboo Bowls and Platters: A Guide by Kelly V.

In summary, the conversation was about the different sizes of Bamboo bowls and platters and their uses. The participants offered their opinions and experiences with the different sizes, mentioning that the large platter and bowl are practical and versatile, while the medium sizes may be too small for a family of 5. They also mentioned using the platter and bowl together, and the importance of protecting them when traveling. Ultimately, it was recommended to choose based on personal preference and usage, but the large bowl was mentioned as a versatile option for serving various types of food.
KellyRedHead
I wanted to get another piece of Bamboo, I have the tray and the snack bowls.
Which one do you like the most the Bamboo bowl (Large or Med) or the Bamboo platters (large or small)

Just wondered your opinions to help me pick one out.

Thanks!
Kelly V.:chef:

LOVE, LOVE the large platter and bowl!! They are so practical and can be used for sooo many things!! (I have a family of 5, so the mediums are a bit small for us)

thanks Michelle!
If you had to pick one what one would you start with??

Kelly V.

that is a tough choice, but it you are getting it more for shows then i would say the platter (it is much easier to take to shows). i think i use them both the same amount, b/c i use them together a lot!!

Please learn from my mistake - if you take them to a show, do not put them in your consultant bag unless wrapped well in a towel/blanket. I got mine days ago, took it to a show on Wednesday and the corners dinged up that quickly and I had it in the nice pocket. :(

I loved using the small platter for the pork but the bowl is also great for home/show use (pineapple salsa looks fab in the medium bowl). Good luck choosing! That's a tough one.

Gosh, that's a tough one. They are all so wonderful. If I had to choose I would probably go for one of the bowls. They are so very versatile. They make everything look so great whether you're putting chips in them or serving a pasta salad.

Good luck choosing.

When I saw the size of the large platter I was like this is too big, what will I use it for. Then I used it for some fajitas we made for company we had over and it was perfect and looked good to. I use the large bowl for salads and chips. We are a family of 5 and fits us just nice. I love both but I have to say I use the bowl more because we are popcorn eaters. Good Luck!

Hi Kelly,Thank you for reaching out to me for my opinion on choosing between bamboo bowls and platters. Both options are great for serving food and have their own unique benefits.If you already have a bamboo tray and snack bowls, I would suggest getting a bamboo platter to complete your set. The larger size platter would be perfect for serving a variety of appetizers or a main dish, while the smaller size would be great for individual portions or smaller snacks.However, if you are looking for a new piece to add to your collection, I would recommend the bamboo bowl. The large size would be perfect for serving salads, pastas, or family-style dishes, while the medium size would be great for individual portions or side dishes.Ultimately, it depends on your personal preference and what type of dishes you typically serve. I hope this helps in your decision-making process. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What are bamboo bowls or platters made of?

Bamboo bowls and platters are made from natural bamboo, a sustainable and eco-friendly material. This makes them a great choice for those looking to reduce their environmental impact.

2. Are bamboo bowls or platters safe to use with food?

Yes, bamboo bowls and platters are safe to use with food. They are naturally antimicrobial and do not contain any harmful chemicals, making them a safe and healthy option for serving food.

3. Can bamboo bowls or platters be used in the microwave or oven?

Most bamboo bowls and platters are not recommended for use in the microwave or oven. However, there are some specially designed bamboo products that are safe for use in the microwave and oven. It is important to check the product label or instructions before using in these appliances.

4. How do I clean and maintain bamboo bowls or platters?

To clean your bamboo bowls or platters, simply hand wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Avoid soaking them for long periods of time and do not put them in the dishwasher. To maintain their natural shine, you can also periodically rub them with a small amount of food-safe oil.

5. Can bamboo bowls or platters be used for hot and cold foods?

Yes, bamboo bowls and platters are versatile and can be used for both hot and cold foods. They are also great for serving both wet and dry dishes, making them a convenient choice for any meal or occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheld01
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JaimeAnnR
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Products and Tips
Replies